Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
As we hope to start motorhoming soon::bigsmile: what would be the best to join?
The Caravan Club or Camping and Caravan Club?
Thanks

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We belong to both.

I don't remember why:Doh:

Upvote 0

mikkidee

Free Member
Aug 1, 2010
Malton,North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since June 08
Yeah both gives you more choice, combined I think about £70 a year:Smile: You also get access to to th CL and CS 5 van sites nice and cosy:Smile:
Mike:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
We belong to both not primarily for their own sites but for the small 5 van sites CL or CS.
The reason for us joining both you will find parts of the country only seem to have one club represented, so by being a member of both gives better coverage, and hopefully larger choice

Upvote 0

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Much the same as the others we belong to both plus MCC and of course Motorhomefun.

This gives us access to all the club sites but more importantly the CL & CS sites. There are also loads of club meets every weekend and the CCC Temporary Holiday Sites (THS) which give great value and convenience.

Membership of CCC also gives the opportunity to join RAC Arrival breakdown & recovery scheme.

Brian

Upvote 0

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
We joined CC a few years ago solely to insure our elderly 6.5t MB608 through them (no other company would cover it) - £175 fully-comp., and to get UK breakdown cover with their Mayday connection. Still with them for the insurance at the moment but with Adac for Europe b/down cover as it's way cheaper and better than anything on offer in UK.
We did join C&CC for one year only because we were staying on a friend's c&cc site over the winter and wanted to ingratiate ourselves :winky:...

As mentioned previously they are both ideal for their cl's & cs's...

Personally I'm not keen on their free mags full of adverts for 'comfortable trousers with expanding waist-bands' and vitamin supplements etc. :RollEyes:

And their 'special offers' on ferries etc. are usually more expensive than going to the ferry companies direct (well, they have been for the dozens of crossings we've done over the years)

:thumb:

Upvote 0

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Ccc & cc

We are members of both but use the CC for sites and the CCC forthe arrival breakdown scheme.we consider them both to be good value:thumb:
regards brian jo and josh

Upvote 0

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Were in the C&CC. (I know my station). It gives us access to the breakdown Arrivals scheme.

Although we save a few bob on site fees we very rarely use their sites.

Jim
:Smile:

Upvote 0

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Handy to belong to both, as you can bet your bottom dollar that you go to an area, decide to stay around there for a night or two....and all the sites will belong to the the club that you are not a member of....and in the summer, they will priortise members above non members!

Other than that, CC are getting expensive, with very few 'cheap' CL sites around. CCC are much better for cheaper CL's and are less regimental.

BOTH clubs push the CL owners to charge higher rates, so it isn't the owner that is pushing the price up, its the clubs! A CL down here has been pestered by their club to raise their prices from £8 a night to £26 - they are still holding out, and they said that if they do it will only be a couple of pounds.

Of course, there are other means such as pub stopovers etc, that cost a similar amount to CC and to be perfectly honest, will probably be used far more often as they only ask you buy a pint and meal.

Upvote 0

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
CCC for me, cause it is cheaper on sites for old farts like me :winky:, and can,t afford both.........Del

Upvote 0

mikkidee

Free Member
Aug 1, 2010
Malton,North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since June 08
Will this be any use to you lot, some kind person (can't remember who now) gave me this comprehensive list of CL & CS's without leccy. We used this list a few times last year without fail, some of the prices had changed slightly. We paid £4 up to £9 and some of the locations were so peaceful. Hope it is of use as you can see someone has been busy.

Well it's an Excel spread sheet which I can't upload to MHF. If anyone is interested I could email it to you, PM me
Mike:Smile:

Upvote 0

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
to be honest i think that between them they are the reason we haven't got a decent aires system in this country.
even though both clubs seem to prefer caravans and as such don't cater properly for motorhomes.

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We belong to the C&CC but not the CC. We use the CS sites and find that the holiday rallies are useful, before or after shows etc. We also paid the extra £5 (or so) to join the Motorcaravan section of the C&CC which means another magazine and some extra meets over and above those that are offered by the various 'sections'. We always found the Caravan Club rather stuffy, sorry!
May I also add that we are members of the Motorcaravanner's Club, great for regular meets, all year round. Once again you can go to meets from any section not just the one you belong to.
Of course, we do the most with the best club there is, MotorhomeFun::bigsmile: Check out the Meets, Shows and Rallies list on the left of the home page! Jane :Smile:

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
my personal thoughts only.

if the two clubs were real people then they would be as follows....

caravan club = gentleman in a saville row suit with a british bulldog.

camping and caravanning club = bloke in a flat cap with a whippet.

first one...too many daft rules and SOME wardens think they rule the world.

second one...many rules but a much more relaxed outlook.

both run an excellent assortment of cheap (?) Certified sites (C&CC) and Certified locations (CC)....small private sites affiliated to one or the other of the main clubs allowing a maximum of 5 units at a time.

i have been a member of both but now just the C&CC for their breakdown service.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Soaringman

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
thanks

Thanks to everyone for the input and the results are as follows.

C&CC joined
CC joined
Insurance with Saga (yes we are of that age:Sad:)
ADAC joined (Barbara was very helpful)

Now just have to hose down the credit card as it is a bit hot:Sad:

We were meant to pick up the motorhome today but has been delayed because the towbar has not yet been fitted:Doh:
Another few days yet

Upvote 0

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
On the subject of ADAC breakdown cover is this done through the internet?

Upvote 0

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Gave up the CC, it's not a club any more just a money making business. Lost the plot as far as members are looked after. :cry:

C & CC much more relaxed and friendly, don't need recovery with CC as member of ADAC. :thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Soaringman

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
On the subject of ADAC breakdown cover is this done through the internet?

No, by phone, spoke to a lovely lady called Barbara Laurens 0049 941 55673. Sounds like a very comprehensive cover for both of us, and doesn't matter what vehicle we are driving.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back