CC/CCC/CL etc (1 Viewer)

Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
Live in France and new to MH, so can you please explain what all these are, pros and cons, costs etc. Are they just in UK?
Many thanks

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Live in France and new to MH, so can you please explain what all these are, pros and cons, costs etc. Are they just in UK?
Many thanks
We are members of the CC and CCC. Still newbies really with only two seasons under our belt. Have never investigated anything outside of the UK yet but we like the club sites. Not everyone likes using sites because of the rules but that is why we use them. The cost can work out quite high but we have our annual budget and are happy to pay; lie, we have no budget; have Moho, will travel, it costs, so be it(y) They have websites for getting and idea of what it's all about but to be honest, I can't be arsed reading most of the blurb. Enjoy(y)

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Many thanks

I believe if you join the equivalent organisation in France the UK 'clubs' allow you 'privileges' to use their sites. I feel sure that another Funster living outside UK will be able to give you chapter and verse on this :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SmithsInFrance
Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
I believe if you join the equivalent organisation in France the UK 'clubs' allow you 'privileges' to use their sites. I feel sure that another Funster living outside UK will be able to give you chapter and verse on this :)
Thanks - anyone know of the French equivalents? But I'm also very interested in the UK ones anyway because we go back regularly to visit family etc (but I don't even know what the initials stand for, told you I was a newbie...)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
The CL = certified location. CS = Certified Site. Both have minimal facilities and only five pitches.
We stay on one in Burnley Lancashire and it is £12 a night including leccy. There is a toilet, washing up sink and all pitches are fully serviced, i.e. Leccy, water, drain.
You have to be a member of either the caravan club CC. or the caravan and camping club CCC.

Hope that helps. :D

OP
OP
SmithsInFrance
Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
The CL = certified location. CS = Certified Site. Both have minimal facilities and only five pitches.
We stay on one in Burnley Lancashire and it is £12 a night including leccy. There is a toilet, washing up sink and all pitches are fully serviced, i.e. Leccy, water, drain.
You have to be a member of either the caravan club CC. or the caravan and camping club CCC.

Hope that helps. :D
Perfect! Thank you, another mystery solved.

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
CC is the Caravan Club
CCC or C&CC is the Camping and Caravanning Club
They are the two main organisations for camping, caravanning and campervanning.

There are numerous private sites as well, just like in France.

The CC is authorised to issue licences to individuals wishing to run a small site of 5 vans/ units. These are called Certificated Locations.

The equivalent for the C&CC is a Certificated Site or CS

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Bit of the OP question not answered so far.

They are only in the UK, not needed in France as the aires system is much better. Club sites including most CS and CL spots are out in the sticks and may not be anywhere near where you want to be. This is why it's better to run a trailer caravan in the UK.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
There are also 'Brit Stops' which are free night stops at various places like pubs, farms, food outlets (such as farm shops etc) and the like but there are a LOT more CLs (Caravan Club) and CSs (Camping & Caravanning Club) ones, there are also those which the Motor Caravan Club (MCC) have too I believe but I don't have any knowledge of those, also there are a few funsters who also run their own 5-van sites too.

If you give an idea of where in the UK you'd want to stay they may be able to direct you to somewhere suitable.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
CC & C&CC require you to be a member of the particular club. CC members are not entitled to use C&CC CSs and vice versa. MCC do not have such a requirement for membership to use their CLs. Britstops require purchase of a book and sticker to entitle you to use their car parks overnight. Britstops and other pub stops schemes are a bit like France Passion. They are not exempt from the need for a Caravan Site Licence, unlike a Club CL or CS, but most do not have Caravan Site Licences.

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
France Passion in France has similar sites to Cls and CSs, on farms, vineyards, château etc... We've used a few and enjoyed them..They often have home grown products to sell, wine, cheese, etc..

Normally free to a member, maybe a small charge for electricity..I don't think they have any reciprocal agreement with UK clubs...

OP
OP
SmithsInFrance
Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
If you give an idea of where in the UK you'd want to stay they may be able to direct you to somewhere suitable.
We have family at Martock and Over Stratton (nr South Petherton) in Somerset. We did stop for a few nights (with permission) on the village hall car park at Over Stratton but then they got a bit uptight about it, even if we just parked up there for a few hours during the day while visiting the family. It is a small village with a narrow windy road so we parked there to keep out of people's way, thought they might prefer that to a big MH half blocking the road somewhere.

But I think they were just worried about new age travellers, which can be a big problem in that area (not that we look like that, our van is really smart, we try to be (!) and we are MUCH too old anyway).

There is a campsite just outside Martock which is very nice but they close the barrier at 10.30pm which is a bit early for us sometimes so not always practical.

OP
OP
SmithsInFrance
Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
Have you, per chance, investigated the sheer stunning beauty of Skegness??
No, but funnily enough haven't read through quite a few threads it is starting to have a certain attraction. Went there in the 90s for a Round Table national get-together and quite liked Skeggy but it was held at the huge Butlins and the accommodation was dreadful. Think it was the original decor, furniture and probably bedding (SHUDDER) - still have nightmares about it, but then wake up in our lovely MH ;)

OP
OP
SmithsInFrance
Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks for all the suggestions. Britstops could be a good option for us, will need to investigate the other clubs to see if they are really suitable. We definitely aim to join France Passion next year as well, thanks.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
CC is the Caravan Club
CCC or C&CC is the Camping and Caravanning Club
They are the two main organisations for camping, caravanning and campervanning.

There are numerous private sites as well, just like in France.

The CC is authorised to issue licences to individuals wishing to run a small site of 5 vans/ units. These are called Certificated Locations.

The equivalent for the C&CC is a Certificated Site or CS
Eddystone has provided a comprehensive interpretation of the initials. A couple of additional points worth noting concerning the Camping & Caravanning Club - they offer discounts to seniors outside high season on their managed sites. Also, they and their members operate a large number of 'Temporary Holiday Sites', which are generally cheap to use and mostly do not require advance booking - maybe minimum facilities however, but not always.

The Caravan Club has a slightly bigger network of of Certificated Locations (CLs) than the equivalent Camping & Caravan Club Certificated Sites (CSs). CLs and CSs are privately owned and not directly managed or operated by the respective clubs. The two two clubs are able to issue the licence or 'Certificates' when a small private site meets a minimum national standard.

And as others have mentioned, in the UK there is also Brit Stops - http://www.britstops.com/

So you pay your money and take your choice.

Happy travels, whatever you decide to do.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
No, but funnily enough haven't read through quite a few threads it is starting to have a certain attraction.
(y) And so it should, Young Sir! The stunning beauty of the beaches alone has to be experienced to be appreciated. (y) Were you aware that Skegness has more sunshine in the average year then even Manchester! :)
The facilities are second to none, with cuisine to make the mouth water. (y) I can personally recommend the mushy peas. I'm sure that, (with the luxury of your own motorhome to stay in), you will be smitten by the glory's of the East Coast. :)

I mean, France is OK if you dont like food. :(

:Eeek:

Have you forgotten to take your tablets?
Philistine. :(:(

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Sadly him indoors hasn't fully immersed himself in MHF yet, tis the (Young) Lady doing all the posting
My most sincere apologise, young lady. :( I was under the impression that I was addressing the elderly gentleman on the right of your most excellent photograph, and not his daughter. :)

OP
OP
SmithsInFrance
Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
My most sincere apologise, young lady. :( I was under the impression that I was addressing the elderly gentleman on the right of your most excellent photograph, and not his daughter. :)
Charm AND Skeggy - you've got a winning combination there Tootles (y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Charm AND Skeggy - you've got a winning combination there Tootles (y)
So I keep telling this crowd of misfits on here. (y) True beauty, whether it be in the person, or the location, is within the realm of the very few. To be an admirer of both is a gift long forgotten by many. :)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Oh Dear .... he 's at it again !:rolleyes::D
Oh come on Yod. I mean, I can excuse you, because you dont really know anything better, but the food in France is CRAP! Great if you like crisps, (mountains of them in the supermarkets), or stale and out of date Crepes, (mountains of those as well), or sickly looking cakes topped with fruit...........Nothing else really to speak of. Pies.....NON.......Real meat......NON......Smelly fish......OUI! Plenty of that!
And the shops are dirty, and they stink as well. The bread is just about OK, but can you get a nice sliced loaf, or decent butter??........NON. Plenty of that runny mucky Cannonball cheese. Right.
"What would like to eat dear"??
"Oh, a nice plate of stinking fromage runny stuff please......" :sicker::sicker:

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
The beauty of joining either club is you will get a big sites book which has details of locations of all sites ie; club sites , Cl,s and non club sites , the Camping and Caravan Club has a age discount for over 57s Not sure if that is right it used to be 60 but I believe it has now been lowered. They also have competitive Insurance and breakdown cover. The cost is £47 a year ! also you might consider downloading the app for CAMPER STOP at Link Removed there is a free download for you to try before paying the full version for it was £4.75 when I downloaded it on my ipad it is based in the Netherlands and has sites all over Europe including U.K I have found it very useful even though I have the club books.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The beauty of joining either club is you will get a big sites book which has details of locations of all sites ie; club sites , Cl,s and non club sites , the Camping and Caravan Club has a age discount for over 57s Not sure if that is right it used to be 60 but I believe it has now been lowered. They also have competitive Insurance and breakdown cover. The cost is £47 a year ! also you might consider downloading the app for CAMPER STOP at Link Removed there is a free download for you to try before paying the full version for it was £4.75 when I downloaded it on my ipad it is based in the Netherlands and has sites all over Europe including U.K I have found it very useful even though I have the club books.
The age for discount/concessions still appears to be 60:
http://www.campingandcaravanningclu...ok-your-pitch/pricing/age-concession-members/

If you don't want the directory etc you can be an 'on-line' member only which is £37.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back