CBE Panel Battery Load Amperage (1 Viewer)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Can you not use a hall effect sensor on the board to measure the current rather than a shunt...id say that was likely if they have confirmed there is no shunt involved..
Andy..

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Without going into the historical origin of the 'shunt', technically this method of measuring current is called '4-wire Ohms measurement'. Two wires carry the current to and from a low value precision resistor. Two more wires tap onto the resistor ends, and are used to measure the tiny voltage drop across the resistor. So actually it's not a shunt, as he says. But if someone understands how a shunt works, it's easier to tell them it's 'just like a shunt', and they will know pretty well how it works.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Whatever they use it does’t seem to work very well or something is bypassing it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D
Aug 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Returning to M/H after long break
Hi Folks
All getting a bit confused here. To put the record straight....

I already have measuring capability and display on the CBE components for displaying amps. With the panel switched on the current consumption is less than 0.25 amps.
The only issue is that the display shows a much higher amp reading (even when offset as low as possible). The CBE setup I have does not use a separate shunt but uses electronics mounted on the PCB to achieve measurement. I suspect there is an issue with the PCB and/or display.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back