Caxton FI Cards (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Just had an email from Caxton which will affect all its card holders. From June 9th a new ruling by out EU geeks states that certain merchants will no longer accept Mastercards that are prepaid. This I assume will be all prepaid cards and not just Caxton. Just another reason to get away from this dictatorship called the EU.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Just had an email from Caxton which will affect all its card holders. From June 9th a new ruling by out EU geeks states that certain merchants will no longer accept Mastercards that are prepaid. This I assume will be all prepaid cards and not just Caxton. Just another reason to get away from this dictatorship called the EU.

That's not actually what the ruling says. It came out several months ago so this isn't new.

The ruling has nothing to do with merchants and doesn't affect them at all, instead it sets out new requirements for card issuers.

What it will mean is that card issuers will have to verify the identity of the people they issue cards to.

Virtual currencies like Bitcoin are also included - users will have to confirm their identity when converting their Bitcoins back to real cash.

I don't see any particular problem with it personally.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
Nicknic, I don't understand that, I have had the card years with no probs

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Caxton used to be Visa. When it was Visa I never had any problems with it. Since they changed to Mastercard several places have refused it. Once my Caxton card is empty I will not be topping it up.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Nicknic, I don't understand that, I have had the card years with no probs

It probably doesn't affect all the issuers but not all of them carry out the same identity checks before issuing a card that a conventional card issuer, a bank for instance, would.

From June they will have to do so.

It's France that has driven this and it's watered down quite a lot from what they wanted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back