Caxton Card-caution (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
We have used a Caxton Visa card loaded with Euros for many years without any problems, until now.
I purchased an item from a garage in Spain and when checking my Caxton statement online noticed the item had been charges for twice. I contacted Caxton customer service (JOKE ) 9 days ago to voice my concern. I was assured someone would contact me within 48 hours. After sending 11 emails I still haven't received a reply. When I rang them it took 40 minutes on hold to speak to a scripted person who was totally useless to say the least.
So beware of the very misused words Customer Care. It now should mean Stuff the winging customers. If you are contemplating having a currency card beware when you need help, it may not be there. We are naturally finishing with Caxton as our trust in them has gone as is there care for customers.

EnGog

Free Member
Jun 21, 2011
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 580 PR
Exp
3 years
I had an issue with Caxton, took them a week to get back to me.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've got one but haven't used it yet but I think I will just spend the £10 which is on it and then bin the card if that is how they treat customers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
thanks for the heads up! about to start using ours againg will keep a sharp eye on things.

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
We have had great support from Caxton. We used an ATM in Goa which failed to dispense the cash, we tried a second time and still no money! Checked account on line which showed the two translations, Email Caxton when we returned to apartment and had a response within 6 hours, due to time difference. Clarified all the details and advised they would " raise a dispute". Second email to confirm actions and time scales, apparently takes up to 45 days. Both translations refunded on day 42.
Very happy with support and help.

Reactions: DBK

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Never use my caxton card to make purchases , just draw out cash and pay same as my debit card in the UK . Never trusted the assortment of people behind the counter in most garage forecourts

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
I have a Caxton card and had a minor issue that required attention. I telephoned their customer service number and started a blood pressure bursting issue, I must have called them 10 times, completely useless, the staff simply say it's not their department and pass you over to another telephone hold machine....all a pain in the butt. Eventually I got hold of a decent staff member who sorted my problem in 2 minutes.
Treat them with care.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I have used Caxton in Europe and the US no problem, but never a need to query a problem so maybe a backup cash card needed.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Are there any other similar cards on the market
We use mytravelcash , never had an issue with it so can't tell how good customer service is, never had a problem anywhere apart from the usual ones that crop up with all of them ,namely self service petrol pumps and motorway tolls, with ours the rate is never the best, but we have no charges anywhere and even get 1% cash back on spending, and at various times they have a sale where you can top up at very good rates, but have found one usually crops up when we have just loaded:doh: but for a look at all of them try this site
Broken Link Removed:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know what went wrong, should have been
Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.