Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Caxton card. When I used to use it I was not charged anything in Spain but now every ATM charges commission, anyone else had this problem.?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Pick your banks I suspect is the answer, Bankia did not charge my Revolut cash but several others wanted to. So look around and when you get to the point where they say we will charge x for this transaction, press cancel and move on! Well that's what I did. However it may be that over time it will be an issue with all of them?

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I've pressed cancel on numerous ones but I'll look out for a Bankia one thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cervantes

Free Member
Jan 13, 2011
Pilar de la Horadada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo time it590
Exp
Since February 2013 (but planning for 10 years!)
We've used a Caxton card for the last 5 years here in Spain, and all were free to use in the beginning. Now more and more Spanish banks are charging to use it . Two I know that don't are Caixa bank and Deutsche bank, but the trend is increasing.
We're currently looking at alternative ways to get money from our UK bank account, especially now that Brexit is looming over us.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
One option is Santander. If you have one of their accounts, I think it is the 123 then you can get cash with only a daily limit at any Santander branch, of which Spain has in abundance.

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
It's nothing to do with Caxton, it's a general charge on any card not issued in Spain. So Revolut has the same problem. As mentioned Caixa don't seem to charge at present as well as some others. If you have Euros loaded make sure you ask for euros and not £££'s as you'll be charged conversion fees and a poorer rate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1986
Santander charge for the Caxton card though. La Caixa and Cajamar are two that don't seem to be charging at the moment

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back