caution left hand drive (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
We drove from Dover to Stevenage in September never saw on police car. Has the law changed when towing a caravan you do not need to have a rear number plate or only if you are No fixed Abode.
& using the outside lane to overtake ?:) Normally the private plate has fallen off. P1KEY :D

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Been told many times on this forum that it makes no difference if you buy a LHD. I think it is more worrying that you need a sticker to be careful on the road

Neil

It does make a difference..
I MUCH prefer LHD vans..
While in the UK I am on home turf and used to the way things are.. Driving a LH vehicle is not a particular hindrance or issue apart from the occasional junction ( as mentioned previously )
Driving on the continent which is unfamiliar and not 'natural' to us Brits, is helped no end by being in a LHD vehicle

OK, nowadays I probably put as many miles on the wheels abroad as I do in the UK, but in the early days of our travels I was often glad we had a LHD van

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
It does make a difference..
I MUCH prefer LHD vans..
While in the UK I am on home turf and used to the way things are.. Driving a LH vehicle is not a particular hindrance or issue apart from the occasional junction ( as mentioned previously )
Driving on the continent which is unfamiliar and not 'natural' to us Brits, is helped no end by being in a LHD vehicle

OK, nowadays I probably put as many miles on the wheels abroad as I do in the UK, but in the early days of our travels I was often glad we had a LHD van
I look at it the same way!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
as much of a mystery as to why Horseboxes have the word HORSES on them... no shit Sherlock, its a horsebox

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
My rear view camera is to see the wise guy motorcycle policeman hiding there to catch me at 51 mph. Mind you on the trip to Lincoln, on to Yorkshire and then back to Dover I saw ONE police vehicle, ONE. does that say what the road behavior might become when everybody realises.
Hmmmm? Wonder why he's called a wise guy? Isn't it his job to enforce the speed limit? If you were doing 51 in a 50 mph area then it's extremely doubtful you'd be pulled. However, if you're doing 51 in a 20/30/40 limit, then you deserve a ticket

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back