Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi

I would like to know if anybody takes their cats with them and do you let them out.
We take ours and try to get him out but he aint happy on his harness (he is normally a stayer outerer type):RollEyes:
Anyone who lets a cat out loose had better be prepared for an extended stay or leaving the cat
Remember only Dogs have masters
Cats have Staff:Eeek:
Geo

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Prior to having dogs we used to take 2 cats away with us. They were Russian Blues they are quite happy to be indoor cats.:thumb: We had them from Kittens and had got them to walk on a harnes and as they never went out even at home on their own took to the life with no problem.

We had an awning and they were quite happy to just sit in the sun, perhaps we were lucky I don't know.

But beware I have known people who have not been so lucky

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Years ago when we had a cat we used to take him away with us. Always on a harness when out and about, he used to take me for an evening walk along the fields' hedgerows which was very educational. Many times he would stop and crouch, following his stare I would then spot a small rodent , usually, or some other creature. He learnt to use the toilet tray at service stations and have a drink and a nibble. Just like one of the family. Unbelievably he even learnt to pee through the caravan's floor vent without touching the sides!!:Eeek:

Then one dark evening he escaped through the door and headed off over the fields. I of course went after him but he just moved further and further away. Sadly I had to go back and tell the kids that 'Ben' was AWOL and unlikely to be seen again.

Twenty minutes later there was a scratching at the door, Calm as you like, only as cats can, he strolled nonchantly through the door curled up and went to sleep.
Since then he used to run free whenever we were on site. Sleeping all day, and then off on his night forays to terrorise the local rodent population. We always used to find him curled up in a little ball fast asleep in the awning, else he would meow to be let in about 0300 hrs.
Cats know which side their bread is buttered on, his home and family are the same as yours, so it stands to reason if your cat is well looked after his home is whereever yours is.

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
We travel with two german sheperds and a cat ,when travelling we keep her on a harness but after settling on a site we let her loose but she is a home loving cat and allways returns for food and litter tray, she's been to spain for the past six winters without any problems.we put our tel no on collar just in case she absconds:

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
The christmas before last we took our two cats with us. We brought them a harness and a retrsactable lead. For the first couple of days we took them out on this and they got used to the MH. They both would come back to the MH on thses leads. We let them out off the lead in the evening of the third day and they both came home. Next morning we let them out before brakfast, Guiness the older cat came back with in 10 mins, Molly the younger one didn't. No sign of her at lunch time, tea time , we were getting worried. We went looking and calling all day.Just after 9 0 clock that evening she turned up. I think she had decided that she would go out for the day:ROFLMAO:. After that they were back on the harness and lead. We haven't taken them since.
Lin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back