Catalunya calling (1 Viewer)

Feb 6, 2019
Santa Maria de Palautordera, Barcelona, Spain
Funster No
MH
LMC Liberty 560 1992
Exp
Since 2017
Hi all, New to the forum and kinda new to the MH world. The missus and myself found ourselves with some spare cash last year and, thinking about 'els youngsters', we decided to abandon the tiny tent and take the plunge. We went and bought ourselves a '92 Ducato, 2.5 SOFIM LMC Liberty 560 5 berth. An investment for future holidays and nights away as I said to myself while paying over my money!

It´s a German import into Spain, on a Spanish J plate = imported 2018. We´ve done about 1000 miles so far, but school and weather and work have mean't that while the oul van starts, runs and stops, it has been sitting forlornly outside the door since last September and there are issues!!!!

I would love to hear from anyone else who has something like this. My internet research has suggested that the only people who have vans like these are the Germans, Poles and Finns ( who seemed to have paid less than I did!... but anyway!)

All the books are in German (google translate!) and it's not in bad condition - there are a few things - I replaced the kitchen tap recently, but the hot water boiler seems to be spilling pumped water...

The Ducato is sooo common of old, so I'm sure we'll be putting vegetable oil in them before long! Can't put up a pic right now but will do asap!
P

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Welcome.

I I think someone on here knows about LMC. I'd suggest starting a thread with LMC in the title.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Paul welcome to fun, motorhomes and cars are very expensive in Spain, we purchased our van and imported into Spain last year, and also have everything in German. :LOL:
But all the parts the motorhome builders use are common in all brands. :D
You will have to check out what boiler you have, if it's a truma it could just be the dump valve needs resetting they dump when it gets cold to protect the boiler from freezing. (y) Bob.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think LMC caravans are very popular with members of the travelling community AKA ********* so probably very well built we had a similar hobby caravan. And welcome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back