Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Always learning as they say, we carry x2 cassetes with us and as one was nearly full to the brim i didnt fancy going out trapesing around the van in the hissing down rain, so decided to just pull the cassette out half way and give it a good back n fourth shake ...about x4, stuck it back in the compartment and went back inside, looked in the toilet to see the levels of waste in there and it well below half way now..what a neat little trick, anyone do this already ? If not give it a try next time you have to empty the crapper. ;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... just be careful not to be too vigorous with the shaking as you could dislodge/damage the internal parts and you don't want to have to stick your hand inside to sort them out!!!! :D

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
in the morning I hope you don't find you forgot to shut the flap and all you have done is decant half the contents on your pitch :):)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I don't think I will try that my toilet is nearly 27 years old. and it leaks when you shake it.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Always learning as they say, we carry x2 cassetes with us and as one was nearly full to the brim i didnt fancy going out trapesing around the van in the hissing down rain, so decided to just pull the cassette out half way and give it a good back n fourth shake ...about x4, stuck it back in the compartment and went back inside, looked in the toilet to see the levels of waste in there and it well below half way now..what a neat little trick, anyone do this already ? If not give it a try next time you have to empty the crapper. ;)

The only way I can see that working is if there is very little liquid and you are getting a "mound" effect immediately below the flap.... And if that be the case... emptying would be somewhat of a challenge without lots of rinsing...

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Used to do that in the caravan as it was a bench toilet so had a large/long cassette and go good "shuggy" was well worthwhile, not so effective with the little short cassette.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The only way I can see that working is if there is very little liquid and you are getting a "mound" effect immediately below the flap.... And if that be the case... emptying would be somewhat of a challenge without lots of rinsing...
You are correct, that is how it works(y) pile of s--t really.

Martin

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We too always used to do it in a caravan, hardly every need to in the van rarely stay anywhere long enough and always try to empty daily as next place may not have a dump point.
A word of warning when using 2 cassettes change the first one when its about 3/4 full as when driving about with a completely full one they tend to leak out the flap and when you open the garage door it smels like a sewage farm.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005

....But you still have to go outside, my solution is (but dont tell her) ....................

open the flap and give it a good stir with .......................

Madam's electric toothbrush!:eek:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We too always used to do it in a caravan, hardly every need to in the van rarely stay anywhere long enough and always try to empty daily as next place may not have a dump point.
A word of warning when using 2 cassettes change the first one when its about 3/4 full as when driving about with a completely full one they tend to leak out the flap and when you open the garage door it smels like a sewage farm.

And put it in a black bin liner "just in case"

Martin

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
What is needed is a sealed box to carry the spare cassette in once its filled.
Does anyone know if such a thing is available?
At the moment I wrap ours up in a very large polythene bag and put it in the garage. A decent tight fitting box would be better.

Richard.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Your not the first to discover that when a pyramid is demolished it occupies a lesser area
Early Egyptians also noted this phenomonon
But you bringing it to the for has raised another question
What were the Egyptians doing with Thetford cassettes :doh:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
At the moment I wrap ours up in a very large polythene bag and put it in the garage. A decent tight fitting box would be better.

Richard.
There is a stall at most MoHo shows that sells every sized plastic box made, along with secure lids to suite,

E bay too i imagine

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I also leak when I'm shaken vigorously!!!
I was going to ask which bit leaks but then realised depending on the circumstances of what's being shaken at the time I really do NOT want to know!!! :D2

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

Richard.
I looked for something like this and there are loads out there but it's the internal dimensions that the the difficult thing due to the shaping of the sides so they stack closely together when not in use so make sure you measure the inside dimensions allowing for the lid when it's on. We didn't bother in the end as it would have taken up too much room in our PVC so we just have a large thick waterproof bag, a larger size of the type that are sold at shows for putting hoses, cables etc into, it's not air tight but does the job and also means that if we want to empty it in a non-MH place (ie public toilets) it just looks like a large bag.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
I looked for something like this and there are loads out there but it's the internal dimensions that the the difficult thing due to the shaping of the sides so they stack closely together when not in use so make sure you measure the inside dimensions allowing for the lid when it's on. We didn't bother in the end as it would have taken up too much room in our PVC so we just have a large thick waterproof bag, a larger size of the type that are sold at shows for putting hoses, cables etc into, it's not air tight but does the job and also means that if we want to empty it in a non-MH place (ie public toilets) it just looks like a large bag.

I bet Cak-tanks could make something suitable... perhaps a business opportunity for them (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I bet Cak-tanks could make something suitable... perhaps a business opportunity for them (y)
Maybe ... or just buy a drybag of a suitable size:

Broken Link Removed

friar tuck

Free Member
Nov 15, 2011
redruth cornwall
Funster No
MH
a class rv
Exp
im a newbie
I have to say this thread has caused me to laugh then squirm then laugh and wince more than anything I've ever known☺:unsure::eek::sick::LOL:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
So the one day i have a lie in..
Come online to Fun a bit later than usual...

Then have to read about all this Cr**.. !!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
So the one day i have a lie in..
Come online to Fun a bit later than usual...

Then have to read about all this Cr**.. !!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
... better than being full of it ... :LOL:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
On the spare cassette carrying

I am sure I have either seen a motorhome with one fitted or seen a brochure with a proper housing for a spare cassette, probably makes it a £100K + solution, but it can be done :)(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I can't see why anyone would want to drive around with a box full of crap in your garage ! At home would you say I'll just pop the toilet under the bed dear as it's full ! Any campsite will let you empty for a small fee . And in France there are no shortage of aires .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back