Cassette toilet first timer (2 Viewers)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I am going to remember this for a long while. Whilst on holiday last year, my little girl had clearly become curious as to where I disappeared to every morning. She asked "Daddy, what are you doing?"
"I'm going to empty the toilet" I replied. She had the thoughtful look that she does, and then asked "can I come with you?"
"If you like." I reply!
Anyway, we get to the disposal point, and I upend the cassette over the hole and hit the button. She screams "EEEEW! it smells like poo and wee!" I said "It is poo and wee!", at that point she ran back to mummy! :D

Upvote 0

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hint: Don't forget to close the blade inside the van before trying to remove the cassette. (y)
Using whatever additive you do in the cassette, or after a bit of driving around, it's all liquid(ish) so no problems - thankfully, 2's don't emerge from the cassette as sausages. :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I advise wearing gloves gauntlet type I find they are the best especially if you have a shakey hand first thing in the morning:)

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
How on earth do you manage that, I'm a 3 a day man going 4 days without a poo is unthinkable, 8 days if we bring the spare cassette into use.:)

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I advise wearing gloves gauntlet type I find they are the best especially if you have a shakey hand first thing in the morning:)
Safer to wash your hands afterwards rather than have contaminated gloves lying around.

Upvote 0

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
On a CL last year. Went to empty cassette, distressed lady there.
"Problem?" I ask
"Yes, I've dropped the cap down there" she said, pointing into the cludgy. "What can I do?"
"Well, stick your hand in and get it out" says I.
"Oh, I couldn't do that" she says. "Would you get it?"
So I did. Sucker or what?

Depends whether she was attractive or not :)

Upvote 0
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Last year, whilst at a nice campsite in France we were joined by about 80 French school children for a long weekend. After they had their first meal around umpteen camp fires they used all the facilities to wash their messtins, plates and cups etc, including the chemical emptying point! I had to try explains why they should not use this tap and as I don't speak French it was down to gestures and actions!! Anyway, I think they got the idea in the end!:giggler:

Upvote 0

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
:):)
A few simple rules. :)

1. Try to ensure that you tell the wife your taking out to empty. (y) If not, the following could occur.......

A. On your return, you may find something blocking the easy insertion of the cassette. :pray:
B. You may trap her lower end between the cassette and the frame. :Eeek:

2. When removing the cassette cap, try to ensure you dont drop it down the elsan opening. You can get quite messed up trying to retrieve it.:swear:
3. Try to ensure that the emptying tube is aimed at the elsan, and not at your crocks. :nerd:
4. In case of a suspected blockage by oversize contents, strongly resist the temptation to clear by blowing down the tube, or fishing around inside with a desert spoon. :hot:
5. If (by chance) your hands do become contaminated, resist the temptation to flick the problem away. You may find it stuck to your neighbors window. :mask:

Hope this helps. (y)

There speaks the voice of experience perhaps?:)

Upvote 0

roadster55

Free Member
Apr 15, 2016
Deepest Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
On and off for 20 years
Bottom line is it's a crappy job!
I've become adept at spotting any building that might hide a lavatory available to the general public a mile off. I find French village Mairie's nearly always have one, and hurtling in the door yelling the relevant word in French whilst looking like you're straining to save an accident, works wonders. Whatever you say about the French they do like to feel they are saving an Englishman's bacon, and often they are!
The other ploy is to eat loads of crusty French bread which seems to keep "actions" to a minimum and also "firm up" your resolve so to speak.

Upvote 0

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
I keep a squirty bottle of disinfectant in the gas locker (dont fit in the loo locker) I take to and from the emptying point and wear rubber gloves. always squirt the fresh water tap and let run before filling up with fresh and use it to clean hands when emptying loo. also give the cassette a wipe over with it after rinsing, then a rinse under the toilet tap. also spray the compartment and a wipe before putting back.
Cheap recycled paper works better that that expensive stuff too and cheap bio wash liquid is fantastic, no smell, just a golden brown liquid and the hint of Ylang-Ylang. Ahh aromatherapy!!

(that's when I use the toilet I normally crap in a bin liner and chuck it out the window)

Upvote 0

jansellsbond

Free Member
Feb 24, 2016
Dawlish
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Broadway FB
Exp
since 2004
I always enjoy these loo emptying threads. Swmbo and I are fulltimers and haven't passed anything I have not carrier to emptying point for 3 months. Video is very misleading. It shows a female type person emptying cassette. Swmbo assures me that biologically that is an impossibility and hundreds of observations back her up 100%. . As for a "no lumps policy" some people have a 3 minute warning that cannot be ignored without putting a washing machine on standby. It's inevitable so just
" imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage"
And go dump the sh#t

Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
Cassettes ???? I remember the days of the 'bucket and chuck it'. A large Tupperware circular bin with a loo seat to pop on top whilst performing, a lid and handle to take it to the sluice. Happy days.
Oh, and @Tootles , if number 4 persists I would consider a change of diet.
Mike

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back