Cassette toilet access (1 Viewer)

Campercol18

Free Member
Apr 12, 2018
Funster No
Hi all, i'm new to the forum. I am nearing the end of a campervan conversion using a 2013 Transit Jumbo XLWB panel van. I am about to cut the exterior hole for the cassette toilet but the shape of the transit means the access door frame will not sit flush to the side of the van. I have seen in magazines where others have used a moulded infill for the gap left but I can't track one down. I emailed Thetford who replied that they know what it is but that they don't manufacture them. Does anyone know what they are called or where I may buy one? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I don’t believe that anything like that is available, I also raised mine a bit to avoid the plastic trim on the Boxer and just filled it in with black Sika.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
On a friend's Renault Master Devon conversion, you accessed the cassette from inside the van, maybe not the most elegant of solutions, but sometimes you have to think outside the (thunder) box ?

OP
OP
Campercol18

Campercol18

Free Member
Apr 12, 2018
Funster No
Hi, thank you for your advice and welcomes. I will try John Cross first but if no luck i'll go with the sika. I did consider accessing the cassette from inside but apart from my Mrs not being keen there isn't enough space between it and the cooker opposite unfortunately. Appreciate everyone's help

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Have you thought of making your own infill by using a rubber/silicone etc cover strip (eg windscreen wiper rubber surround, infill strip for lockers, window trim etc) and trimming it to match the contour? Obviously still make it watertight first with sealant but then this could be put over it to make it look better.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
On a friend's Renault Master Devon conversion, you accessed the cassette from inside the van, maybe not the most elegant of solutions, but sometimes you have to think outside the (thunder) box ?

I had the same in mine. It looked perfectly OK and as the cassette is sealed and perfectly clean on the outside it didn't make any difference sliding it out inside the van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back