Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
Cassette

Leaving all the cr*p replies aside I note some carry a spare cassette which okay may give you a few extra days BUT what do you do with the full cassette until you can empty it

We store ours next to the spare wheel under the back. I just had to remove a small piece of wood from the spare wheel tray & it slides in next to it.
I went a bit bonkers & also fabricated a hinged tray from 4mm checker plate so I can carry a 3rd cassette if I wish. Bit ott I suppose, not many people would want to have 40 litres of crap gurgling around under their van. Then there's the weight to consider:Eeek:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
We like shit on our fields here in somerset-

I have taken out the cassette and cut a hole right through to outside :thumb:

After observing my muck spreading effort ,i move the MH a few feet for the next perfomance::bigsmile::RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I can remember camping when in the cubs and scouts.and having to dig very large holes.then fixing some planks of wood so there was a hole in them.and then filling it all back in again.happy days.:winky:

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
FILL SOME SMASH GET SMASH BAGS WITH IT THEN GO TO YOUR LOCAL ALOTMENT DIG UP THE REAL TATIES TAKE OF THE SPUDS THEN REPLANT , LOVE TO SEE THEIR FACES WHEN THEY DIG UP::bigsmile:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
I can remember camping when in the cubs and scouts.and having to dig very large holes.then fixing some planks of wood so there was a hole in them.and then filling it all back in again.happy days.:winky:

So you killed off Bob -a-Job week by burying cubs and scouts over a planked hole.:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Years ago yes it contained all sorts of nasty stuff(blue) -but these days they banned all the nastiness and I believe it can be emptied almost anywhere --
terry

I definitely don't want to cause any grief... especially not to Terry, one of the most helpful Funsters around, but I have just done some checking on Thetford's website and they state that the Green toilet chemical is environmentally friendly and can be used when dumping in septic tanks and the Blue toilet chemical is "stronger..." blah blah blah which to me says it is NOT suitable for disposing in septic tanks etc.

Maybe a helpful Funster has a Blue bottle and could check what it contains... I bet at least 50p it has formaldehyde in it.

JJ :Cool:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
If your feeling brave you can always knock somebodies door and ask if you can use their loo ! :Eeek:
[ame]http://youtu.be/EqkrTOjPBls[/ame]

terryandelaine

Free Member
Mar 29, 2014
Malton
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euro Yacht 180
Exp
Someone it bound to find that you tube clip soon with a woman emptying a cassette ::bigsmile:

Had to go and find the you tube clip
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmokg9N7zO0&list=RDNmokg9N7zO0"]caravan toilet - YouTube[/ame]
:ROFLMAO:

Just about to buy first motorhome, joined this forum for information etc, best £10 spent for ages. Whiling away time chuckling at posts on here but this is best laugh so far.:ROFLMAO:
Elaine

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I definitely don't want to cause any grief... especially not to Terry, one of the most helpful Funsters around, but I have just done some checking on Thetford's website and they state that the Green toilet chemical is environmentally friendly and can be used when dumping in septic tanks and the Blue toilet chemical is "stronger..." blah blah blah which to me says it is NOT suitable for disposing in septic tanks etc.

Maybe a helpful Funster has a Blue bottle and could check what it contains... I bet at least 50p it has formaldehyde in it.

JJ :Cool:

No grief to me JJ but formaldehyde was banned yrs ago --I think the only places that use it are the Undertakers ::bigsmile: not even sure if they still use it :winky: I have a 8 ish yr old bottle of blue in the garage and am going in there now to see if I can read what's in it --BRB--- Elsan double strength Contains formaldehyde and methanol seek medical advise if drank -not sure on the newer stuff but this is aprox 8 yrs old so yep JJ 50p in your debt :thumb:::bigsmile:
terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I can answer that - you can't drink the newer stuff either.

Not saying you can or want to drink it --does it contain the nasty stuff ? get out there man and have a look for us ::bigsmile:
terry

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)
You mean you have to empty them???? That explains a lot: I thought I had a blocked drain!! :RollEyes:

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
I've got some Elsan double strength blue left, think I bought it about 5 years ago, and it contains formaldehyde. I changed to bio liquid 3 years ago.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I think it was Jim who posted previously about emptying his cassette in a public loo and waking up a tramp in the next cubicle with the noise. I think the tramp asked Jim if he was alright presumably because of the sheer volume of disposal.

Still makes me:ROFLMAO:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I think it was Jim who posted previously about emptying his cassette in a public loo and waking up a tramp in the next cubicle with the noise. I think the tramp asked Jim if he was alright presumably because of the sheer volume of disposal.

Still makes me:ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cry:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi it's a really good question and needs an answer.

Nikki and I when touring don't tend to use any blue or green as the alcohol normally makes things easy and breaks everything up.

What we do when the toilet waste depends on where we are and where we are going. If we are due to move on we empty the toilet waste down the sink ( ive moved the waste traps) and then we drive on for a few miles. After a good say 10 miles we then stop, pull over and open the grey waste tank valve :thumb:

This then gets drained off as we drive to our next destination. Any really tough solid matter that is in the cassette we put in to Dog bags keep them in the garage until we come across a dog bin and then empty them in there.

Unlike you we have no spare cassette but I have looked in to buying one.

At Bills fix it meet, the elsan point was a long way away so I waited for the bacon butties to be on and tehn sneaked in to both Drago and Terrry's vans (as well as Joys) and emptied a bit in each one :thumb:

Good luck with the touring!!!:thumb:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
all cubs and scouts that got out of the pit got a special badge.then got free shower.before they could get back in the lorry to go home.:winky:ok bwell

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi it's a really good question and needs an answer.

Nikki and I when touring don't tend to use any blue or green as the alcohol normally makes things easy and breaks everything up.

What we do when the toilet waste depends on where we are and where we are going. If we are due to move on we empty the toilet waste down the sink ( ive moved the waste traps) and then we drive on for a few miles. After a good say 10 miles we then stop, pull over and open the grey waste tank valve :thumb:

This then gets drained off as we drive to our next destination. Any really tough solid matter that is in the cassette we put in to Dog bags keep them in the garage until we come across a dog bin and then empty them in there.

Unlike you we have no spare cassette but I have looked in to buying one.

At Bills fix it meet, the elsan point was a long way away so I waited for the bacon butties to be on and tehn sneaked in to both Drago and Terrry's vans (as well as Joys) and emptied a bit in each one :thumb:

Good luck with the touring!!!:thumb:

One word Paul "LIGHTS"::bigsmile:
terry

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Must admit to being worried when I see loads motorhomes in laybys to wondering where they empty their black it seems funsters are responsible people:thumb:::bigsmile: hope the others are.
Seems it's mostly the male of the species that empty cassettes so that the male public loos used then, hope your aims better than at home then. ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back