Carver Cascade Water Heater... (1 Viewer)

Linfordmobile

Free Member
May 11, 2014
WALLASEY
Funster No
MH
Sprinter conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi everyone,

My boyfriend's caravan enthusiast uncle came to visit and look at our camper today and has managed to find out why we had a leak under the sink.

It looks as if the water heater has not been emptied in winter, causing it to expand and crack, so we need a new one.

The make is a Carver Cascade and it's the old model. I've had a little scout about on the web and can only find mark 2 versions of this heater. Does anyone know if this model would fit in the same space, or would we need to make any adjustments?

Thanks for your time.

Katie :Smile:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Pretty sure it would fit, but it might be worth taking yours apart and repairing , frost damage usually only causes the long threaded rod that holds the tank in place to expand allowing the tank to leak at the seal, you might just need a new rod and an O ring. on the other hand as these models are no longer made it might be hard to get the parts, they are being re manufactured under the name "Henry " boilers, another replacement could be a Propex Malaga which is still made and they do a conversion plate to enable it to be a direct replacement for the Carver Cascade.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
big piles of them at caravan breakers as they were fitted to caravans for several years. also on ebay

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
The "Henry" water heater is a direct replacement for the old Carver Cascade. The most common failure of Cascades is the long centre bolt snaps, it is designed to do this and is made of aluminium alloy to acomodate it the idea being if the boiler is frosted with water in it the centre bolt snaps rather than bursting the tank. You can get replacements in stainless steel but they won't snap if frosted so will ruin the tank. Here's a link to one on Ebay:

Broken Link Removed

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back