Carver Cascade Rapide Leaking ... Grrrrrrrr (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2017
Antequera, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SP
Exp
5 years and still learning
I did a full drain down before winter and as I am supposed to going to the rally in Chester in 5 days, I started a flush and clean of the water system on Friday. After filling the water tank and opening the taps I noticed there was good cold water flow but nothing from the hot side. Switched on the water heater (without EHU) and it blew the fuse. It's the same 5 amp fuse that runs the warm air heater!
So now got no hot water or warm air heat.
Read up what I could find online and it seemed to be the non return valve on the cold inlet that could be the culprit. Got a new one this morning and removing the old one I saw the O ring on the valve had disintegrated. After fitting the new non return valve I did get reasonable water flow from the hot side of the taps but and here's the real problem ..........
There is a slow but steady water leak/drip from the under side of the Carver and it is still blowing the fuse.
Checking out replacement units, it seems the Henry that replaced the Carver is now also not available.
Any ideas?
I guess I could isolate the Carver water heater, I can live with out hot water but I don't want to freeze my butt in Chester (esp as the forecast is lousy). I'm not booked in for EHU as I wanted to try the 4 nights without hook up.

Last edited:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
There is a slow but steady water leak/drip from the under side of the Carver and it is still blowing the fuse.
Checking out replacement units, it seems the Henry that replaced the Carver is now also not available.
Any ideas?
I guess I could isolate the Carver, I can live with out hot water but I don't want to freeze my butt in Chester (esp as the forecast is lousy). I'm not booked in for EHU as I wanted to try the 4 nights without hook up.

If your surname happens to be CARVER that is not good reading if youre reaching a certain age!

Sorry I cant help with your issue, and to clarify I don't have an issue, though the wife might disagree.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi jim... i dont know the carver heater , ie whether theres different models...if thats the case the model might help someone help you..

Is the leak from a pipe on the underside of the van or just into the van ? ... it sounds like it might be a pressure relief valve thats weeping... if so a good flush may heplp it if it can be operated manually..
The blowing fuse im not sure about .. it seems like a small fuse if theres a fan on the circut... it may control the gas valve as well... perhaps check both circuts for a short or fan for sticking...
Hope someone with a carver can be of more help..
Andy...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tibbo
Aug 18, 2017
Antequera, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SP
Exp
5 years and still learning
It is the Carver Cascade Mk2 Rapide. The leak is from the heater unit itself (inside the van). I did put on a new pressure relief valve when I replaced the non return valve. The old one had gone brittle and the slot for the screw driver had broken off.
I isolated the 12v power for the heater and replaced the fuse, so now I have got warm air heating (y)

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
Looks likes this is a replacement

Broken Link Removed

Seems to be a lot more expensive than the Henry I fitted a couple of years ago

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun