Carthago Switches and Sockets (1 Viewer)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I haven't got a usb in stock but the 12 volt socket is the same size
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
These are outsanding value if you don't mind the wait. They are not all the same on ebay despite appearance . The ones that are CE marked on the back are very definitely better quality like these.
Broken Link Removed

EDIT I've just checked the pictures and one photo has no CE marks and another does so I've emailed them

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
AB have got back to me and their price for the proper Berker one is similar to the others - round about £40 once you add the VAT.

The one advantage I can see that it might have over the cheaper alternatives is that both sockets have a 2.5A output. Handy for multiple tablet type devices but not necessary if it's only going to be for phones. Other than that you may as well buy one of the lighter socket ones for a tenner and convert your existing base.

12V Twin USB Charger pg 26.jpg

OP
OP
Dorset Diver
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
AB got back to me saying they don't sell to the general public and put me in touch with one of their suppliers that do. The price from them nearly £45. I shall convert my existing base.

I also like your dash board conversion Andy, the one just in front of the ash tray. Where did you get the USB socket, and is it on when the ignition is off which is what I want?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I gave you a link to two USB earlier

EDIT
again
Broken Link Removed

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
AB got back to me saying they don't sell to the general public and put me in touch with one of their suppliers that do. The price from them nearly £45. I shall convert my existing base.

That's odd. They sold to me with no issues. I even asked in the initial contact whether they sold to the public and if not to put me in contact with a supplier and they immediately said they were happy to sell direct and they were fine to quote me again yesterday for the USB socket.

OP
OP
Dorset Diver
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks. Is your socket on when the ignition is off and if on does it run from the vehicle or leisure battery?

You beat me to it by a half second. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back