Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Just at home playing around with the sat tv system and I can only get the bedroom tv in my carthago to work if the lounge tv is on, if I turn the lounge tv off it says No signal found on the bedroom tv.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong but it seems a bit stupid to have it wired up this way as why it's like this if I'm in bed watching the tv I need to have lounge tv on and sound muted to watch in bedroom surely this can't be right
Bump (y)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Just at home playing around with the sat tv system and I can only get the bedroom tv in my carthago to work if the lounge tv is on, if I turn the lounge tv off it says No signal found on the bedroom tv.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong but it seems a bit stupid to have it wired up this way as why it's like this if I'm in bed watching the tv I need to have lounge tv on and sound muted to watch in bedroom surely this can't be right
That definitely sounds daft. I would have a word with the dealer.
As we don't have the luxury of a bedroom TV I can't help with your problem.

Your lounge TV fitting is rather different to ours. I can't swivel the TV out to face the rear, only a few degrees towards the front for viewing from the front seats.
I would love to be able to get to the connections at the back to adapt them for an extra HDMI input. Then I might be able to play the iPad into the TV.
In the meantime we stream some content into the iPad and have it sitting on the table close to us. Bit difficult trying to follow a cricket ball on a small screen though.

Richard.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
That definitely sounds daft. I would have a word with the dealer.
As we don't have the luxury of a bedroom TV I can't help with your problem.

Your lounge TV fitting is rather different to ours. I can't swivel the TV out to face the rear, only a few degrees towards the front for viewing from the front seats.
I would love to be able to get to the connections at the back to adapt them for an extra HDMI input. Then I might be able to play the iPad into the TV.
In the meantime we stream some content into the iPad and have it sitting on the table close to us. Bit difficult trying to follow a cricket ball on a small screen though.

Richard.
If the fitting is the same as in ours (a 2015 C Tourer) there’s a little metal “peg” which keeps the swivelling back plate restricted to a few degrees of movement. If you use a moderate degree of force, you can lift the peg over the back plate to access the rear of the TV. It is a bit nerve wracking when you first lift it!
If this different to the fitting on your TV, please feel free to ignore all the above!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
If the fitting is the same as in ours (a 2015 C Tourer) there’s a little metal “peg” which keeps the swivelling back plate restricted to a few degrees of movement. If you use a moderate degree of force, you can lift the peg over the back plate to access the rear of the TV. It is a bit nerve wracking when you first lift it!
If this different to the fitting on your TV, please feel free to ignore all the above!
You are quite right, there is a peg that stops the TV from moving out.
Problem is, because of the frame the TV can't be lifted to get the 'peg' over the back plate.
I will have another 'furkle' (technical term for buggering about without knowing what one is doing) though.

Richard.

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
By jove Sir, it works. :Grin:

Brute force and ignorance make a wonderful combination. :happy:
Now got to try and find the right Apple connector and an HDMI cable in deepest France.

Richard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back