Carthago Malibu T500 (1 Viewer)

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
After making enquiries from this forums lovely members on a rapido, we are now leaning towards the Carthago Malibu, struggling to find information on spec, tried every site, does anyone know how many habitation batteries it has and where they are located please. And people’s experience if they have bought one. Many thanks

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Battery is a single 80ah Gel, I think it is located in a locker under the dinette.
If looking at Malibu's worth looking at the Carthago equivalent as often once you have speed up a Malibu there is not much price difference.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Battery is a single 80ah Gel, I think it is located in a locker under the dinette.
If looking at Malibu's worth looking at the Carthago equivalent as often once you have speed up a Malibu there is not much price difference.
Thanks Lenny, we need the skinnier van living on the Welsh lanes

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Thanks Lenny, I didn’t realise, but I just love the Malibu T500, ticked all our boxes, we had been trying to do a deal on one in Shrewsbury and they still haven’t got back to me, I made an enquiry on Alan Kerr website late at night, they rang 1st thing next morning, rang back 10 minutes later with the information I needed, gave me a great price to change ,so deposit given. Thanks Simon for making my day x

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Congratulations on the new van. I know Dave and Diane Ditcha have a Malibu, not sure which one it is, but they love theirs!
Thank you so much, we are so excited. Our Dethleffs is fantastic and we were very pleased with it apart from upholstery, which we had totally replaced by Regal, but we need more storage, more payload and fancied the new automatic box. July seems so far away x

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We are inside a few Malibu's yesterday, Mrs R. dragged me into one at the local dealer when we went to buy a new awning ground sheet. They had 4 x 500's and then some 600's and i think the larger 640's ? really nice inside with having having leather seats. Pretty amazed at how nice they were, dare i say it "for a PVC" opened my eyes (and mind) at least. They offered some very nice colours as well, 1 silver and 1 black in the ones we saw and very nice blacked out side windows.

One for the "future" (without children) list:giggle:

Best looking PVC i've seen

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
We decided on the Malibu T500 with island bed and drop down double, due in July . Thanks for all your help and input.

Good choice love our I500 and we came from a Dethleffs XLi7850 we met you at Pershore if I remember right bet you can't wait if you need any info just ask we have done quite a few mods.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010

That's right one 80ah gel but it's located under the passenger seat along with the ebl, you can fit extra under the drivers seat but I fitted mine in the locker behind the passenger seat shorter wire runs and near inverter etc.

IMG_20210429_154803.jpg

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Good choice love our I500 and we came from a Dethleffs XLi7850 we met you at Pershore if I remember right bet you can't wait if you need any info just ask we have done quite a few mods.
Thanks so much , we will be asking questions 😂 first one is what is the “touring pack” fancy you remembering us x

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
There you go take it it's a 2021 model touring pack is in here

<Broken link removed>

Or 2020

<Broken link removed>

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks so much , we will be asking questions 😂 first one is what is the “touring pack” fancy you remembering us x
Is it on the heavy chassis ?

First thing we did was to take the sliding wall which splits the bedroom from the shower/ toilet total waste of time and saves weight and makes it easier to get round the bed without folding the corner of the mattress up.

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Is it on the heavy chassis ?

First thing we did was to take the sliding wall which splits the bedroom from the shower/ toilet total waste of time and saves weight and makes it easier to get round the bed without folding the corner of the mattress up.
Good tip thanks 🙏 it is on the heavy chassis

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
We remember your beautiful dogs and you two of course. We were stressed that week finding a house for our daughter, seem to spend most of our lives stressed for one reason or another xx

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
We remember you both and your lovely dogs, we were stressed that week trying to find a house for our daughter

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Please can I ask if there is a shoe cupboard in the dinette seat please xx

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
If anyone is in the market for a 2017 Dethleffs Globebus T7, fully loaded with solar panel, rear suspension, reversing camera, sat nav tv aerial, full service history. Alarm and Tracker ,Fully reupholstered in full leather by Regal Upholstery, Alan Kerrs will have a lovely one in stock in July.

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Thanks 🙏 not crucial but a nice extra if I had one ☝️ can’t wait to see it. What advantages are in the A class please,

OP
OP
Lynne Roy
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
He’s got a habit of “making peoples day” 👍👍 He got me in my Adria Sonic when I never thought a deal was possible😊😊
Glad he made your day too, he seems a great guy. I am so excited now, don’t want to wait until July, they have the A Class in stock but I can’t afford it x

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Glad he made your day too, he seems a great guy. I am so excited now, don’t want to wait until July, they have the A Class in stock but I can’t afford it x
Yes he’s got a nice Frankia in stock that I can’t afford either🤬🤬 He is a great guy👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back