Carthago Malibu Charming 640GT 2019 Model (1 Viewer)

jean1913

Free Member
Dec 2, 2020
Guernsey
Funster No
MH
Malibu Charming 640
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi I've just joined Motorhomefun and looking for other owners of the Malibu campervan to ask some questions please. Hope there are others like me out there! Thanks Jean

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from Ciren! (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Welcome to the forum. For your information, there is a UK based Carthago owners club with quite a few Malibu members.

Use your first free 5 posts wisely :giggle:

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Very little of the equipment in your van will be specific to your model of van. Furniture aside, it’s likely that all of the equipment in your van will be common to other models and other manufacturers.

Go on then, fire away.

Ian

Reactions: f6c
Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
Hi Jean

Welcome. I have a 2016 Malibu DB2 600 which I have had from new. I also am aware of some other Malibu owners on the forum, so fire away with your questions and I’m sure we can find some answers for you (y)

Regards

Trevor

OP
OP
J

jean1913

Free Member
Dec 2, 2020
Guernsey
Funster No
MH
Malibu Charming 640
Exp
I’m a newbie
Very little of the equipment in your van will be specific to your model of van. Furniture aside, it’s likely that all of the equipment in your van will be common to other models and other manufacturers.

Go on then, fire away.

Ian
Hi
Thanks for responsing

OP
OP
J

jean1913

Free Member
Dec 2, 2020
Guernsey
Funster No
MH
Malibu Charming 640
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi
Thanks for responsing
Ooops pressed wrong key.
Thanks for being in touch.
I am having issues with my Truma CP Plus Heating Control. I keep getting a Flashing warning E517H. Despite giving the system 15 minutes to reset, when I begin again I get the same issue. Its driving me mad.
Everything else that should be on is and I can't get beyond this flashing warning. I am driving to Portsmouth on Saturday at 0400 and when I arrive will need some heating whilst having to wait for to board the ferry. Any ideas please? Thanks

dodfloss

Free Member
Feb 20, 2017
beverley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
dethleffs eighty a class
Exp
2 years
Ooops pressed wrong key.
Thanks for being in touch.
I am having issues with my Truma CP Plus Heating Control. I keep getting a Flashing warning E517H. Despite giving the system 15 minutes to reset, when I begin again I get the same issue. Its driving me mad.
Everything else that should be on is and I can't get beyond this flashing warning. I am driving to Portsmouth on Saturday at 0400 and when I arrive will need some heating whilst having to wait for to board the ferry. Any ideas please? Thanks
[/https://www.caravanmotorhome.org/motorhome/truma-combi-boiler-fault-codes/?fbclid=IwAR1P3vAS593jjtU1hn8j1W-7Sz7sFJlfHuALMHw1Diegnqjxw_FNZj4rXOk

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
from the above table...
517Combustion air infeed or exhaust outlet blocked.
Gas reg. faulty.
Inspect openings for obstructions i.e snow then remove.
Inspect then replace regulator.

• Nice One!
Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
J

jean1913

Free Member
Dec 2, 2020
Guernsey
Funster No
MH
Malibu Charming 640
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi Jean

Welcome. I have a 2016 Malibu DB2 600 which I have had from new. I also am aware of some other Malibu owners on the forum, so fire away with your questions and I’m sure we can find some answers for you (y)

Regards

Trevor
Hi Trevor
Not used to how this site works, but have an issue with the Truma Control for the heating. If I post my question to you do others see my question too?
Thanks
Jean

OP
OP
J

jean1913

Free Member
Dec 2, 2020
Guernsey
Funster No
MH
Malibu Charming 640
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi I've just joined Motorhomefun and looking for other owners of the Malibu campervan to ask some questions please. Hope there are others like me out there! Thanks Jean
etc and then the control comes up with an error E517H. I've tried waiting the recommended 15 mins and starting again but to no avail. I need to know that this will work for tomorrow evening or I will be frozen!
Help please!!
I have a problem getting the Gas heating to work on the Truma CP Plus Control panel. I have everthying set up, gas on etc

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
yes, as above, basics first....does the hob work on gas? the error suggests a possible cause might be a duff regulator, definitely not unheard of...with a failing regulator its still possible to have the hob work but for it not to provide sufficient gas for the heater to work.
is your van new, or at least under warranty? if youre in Gurnsey, where did you by the Malibu?
try calling Southdowns (Portsmouth) or Reliance nr Chichester and explain the issue....they will be bookd for months but may have someone free for a few mins to test/change the regulator.
does it work on EHU?
is it possible to use sites with EHU while trying to get a local (French/Spanish?) dealer to help sort the gas issue?
good luck.

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
Hi Jean

I see that you are now read only as you have used your 5 free posts. To post more, you will have to subscribe (see Link Removed ) and pay £15 for a year. As you can see, there already have been a number of suggestions for you.

If your gas taps and cylinder are turned on and the hob and fridge work ok, it may just be something simple like the cylinder is low on gas (there may be sufficient for the hob and fridge but the Truma draws quite a bit more gas when running)

Cheers

Trevor

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Hygiene (sorry couldn’t resist it). Greetings peeps welcome from West Kent

Join us or log in to post a reply.