On ours, they were in an outside locker to the left of the habitation door

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
On some models I think they are under the floor, may have to lift out a storage box that hides them. Not sure but when I looked at some showroom models a while back I have a vague recollection of seeing them deep down a hole.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
On mine (different Carthago model) they are hidden under a false floor in one of the external lockers. You wouldn't know they were there if you didn't know they were there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Ours are in the garage, inset space just inside the door,to the right, beneath the metal cage enclosing the electrical gubbins. Chic S-plus.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Did you not get an Owner's Manual with it? If you did does it not tell you where the batteries are?

I would never accept a MH either New, or secondhand from a Dealer or Private owner unless they supplied an Owner's Manual for the model and year.

I am the 4th owner of our Arto and got manuals for base vehicle, conversion and all anicillary equipment bar one. Is that unusual?

Geoff

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
dose anyone know where the leisure batteries are on a two year old carthago chic c line

If you have a 5.8 then they are under the slide out floor of the left hand ( looking to the rear ) side corner locker under the island bed :) (17.09 hrs)

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
If you have a garage they could be behind a panel just as you open the O/S garage door on the right hand side behind the bulkhead. There may be a metal mesh panel which houses electrical components and the batteries may be just to the side of that. If not try the O/S storage hatch to the right of the habitation door.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back