Carthago AClass fuel cap anyone? (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Has anyone had to replace the diesel filler cap on an AClass Carthago??
The plastic lugs have snapped so it's not secure to the tank head causing leakage.
I've tried everywhere on.line and the local factors.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
We ordered ours from our dealer but had to order the matched key barrel as well. Worth a try.

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
We ordered ours from our dealer but had to order the matched key barrel as well. Worth a try.

Ian
Thanks I can change the key barrel. One of my customers has just rung to tell me it looks like a cap from a 1998 fork truck he has in his compound. That's quality.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Many thanks for all your help. The filler cap from an old fork truck fits. It is a water tank filler cap and after I returned home found my water cap fits the diesel and the only difference is the colour.
Rang the dealer who said I had 2 choices. My first was a Carthago replacement at mega money or buy the identical item on line for £6.99. I asked what the difference could be and he replied "I'll give you a coloured Carthago receipt.
Very tempting offer.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Many thanks for all your help. The filler cap from an old fork truck fits. It is a water tank filler cap and after I returned home found my water cap fits the diesel and the only difference is the colour.
Rang the dealer who said I had 2 choices. My first was a Carthago replacement at mega money or buy the identical item on line for £6.99. I asked what the difference could be and he replied "I'll give you a coloured Carthago receipt.
Very tempting offer.

Could you paint it to match?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back