Carthago A Class Thermal Screen Cover (1 Viewer)

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
Advice needed we have a new to us Carthago E Line and would like to purchase a Screen Cover we’ve always have had one for our previous MH which was a coach built We used it for the winter to keep it warmer and help with condensation and also used it in the summer.
Now we have the A class with side double glazed windows we have heard it’s not good to cover these !
Not sure why or if it’s just people’s choice not to want to but before we go ahead and purchase some we would like to hear your views or experience on this
So is this true will we have a problem ?
Or does it not make any difference ?

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We bought a Carthago screen cover from the Carthago options list, it’s to heavy to use, but it covers the side windows, so I assume it must be ok. We had a lighter weight one made by Van Comfort.

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
The double-glazed side windows don't need covering - they will not lose heat or suffer condensation. (But there's no harm in covering them.)

The front screen gets condensation on the inside sometimes, so we use a Karcher window vac to get rid of it. I don't think the faff of a screen cover would be worth it, and I believe you will have to fit some mountings on the outside to use one.

PS - keeping the van warm is not a problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
I agree about the faff, they are hard work when wet. We use ours mainly at home when it’s really cold and it stops the outside of the screen freezing. It does not need any outside fastening. One side has an envelope corner to hook over the top of the door. The side with no door has an extension that clips through the sliding window.

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
We have a Chic c line. We had a set of covers made for us by Tailor-made. They do have the template for the e line.
The screen covers come with suckers to squeeze against the body work. We replaced ours with Kampa Limpet suckers that are used on the inflatable awnings.
They also supply a metal channel attachment that they 'Recommend' that you stick to the body work. There was no way we were going to add anything to the body work so just made three holes on the very edge of the screen cover where the 'Channel' item would be stuck and used three Limpets to the body work.
End result is that we have used the covers extensively over the Winter in general use and in snow conditions. They work perfectly and no condensation to squeegee up.

Hope this helps

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I think you need to 'turn the corner' and cover the side windows to attach the front bit.
They are not needed for double glazed windows but no harm done.
I've seen several different ways of attaching them, most 'non-destructive'.
(Magnets won't work because it's either GRP or Aluminium.)
I'd get one that you can fold down, to allow a view of the surroundings during the day.
They will stop condensation on the inside in cold weather.

OP
OP
MotorhomersRus

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
Many thanks (y)for your comments
we have decided that when we purchase one it will be a black one with privacy screen from minster products

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back