LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Off there from Thorpe on Sunday. Just wondered if anyone else has been and is there a shop in walking or cycling distance for the basics, bread, milk or dare I say it wine, and beer :ROFLMAO:

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi.
I stopped there a couple of weeks ago. I was on the CC site which is on the south side of the water. There were a few supplies on the site, but not a lot. There is a small shop in Carsington village which should have most essentials, there is also a caffe at the visitors centre which is about half way up the west side.

Its quite a nice bike ride around the water but it is quite steep in places, even with my cheats bike :winky:.

Have a good trip

Mike

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks for that, all we are likely to need is bread n milk so should be ok. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Went into Ashbourne on our PROPER push bikes. Got soaked, the heavens opened!!! Not too impressed by Ashbourne to be honest. We will survive. got the G&T and some wine to see us through. :ROFLMAO:

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
There are a couple of pubs nearby. One only a couple of hundred yards from the visitor centre entrance, the other in Carsington village about half way round the res.
The distance round the res. on the foot/cycle path is approx. 7 miles and is qiuite hilly in places. Great going downhill but hard work going up!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Went into Ashbourne on our PROPER push bikes.

OOOoooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh!! They weren't stuck to the rack by rust then :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Got soaked, the heavens opened!!! Not too impressed by Ashbourne to be honest. We will survive. got the G&T and some wine to see us through. :ROFLMAO:

On the few occasions we've been to Ashbourne it's struck me as interesting if you have the inclination to find the interesting bits - they're there to be found, just takes some doing. Nice Saturday market if I recall correctly.

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back