Carsington Water 4th - 8th July 2014 (1 Viewer)

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
I am going to Carsington Water in the Derbyshire Dales for a few days from Friday next week. It is a great place for cycle rides and walks or fishing and sailing and with plenty of scenic countryside and being on the edge of the Peak District there are many quaint villages and small towns to visit nearby. I have booked onto the Carsington Fields Caravan Park DE6 3JS which is only a short distance from Carsington Water Reservoir. Prices start from £10 per night but they do have electric hook ups and showers (extra cost) and free wifi available on some pitches. If any Funsters are going to be there or would like to join me check their website carsingtoncaravaning.co.uk and 'phone 01335 372872 to secure a booking then post on here so I know who to look out for. With luck I won't be going on my own :thumb:
There is also a Caravan Club site closeby so if you are staying there we could arrange to meet up.
See you soon !?
:Smile:

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
We stayed there earlier this year, really good site. ::bigsmile:
No wifi where we were and the phone coverage is non-existent on O2 or Virgin anywhere in the area :cry:

If you are there on friday the Knockerdown pub and campsite has steak night, really cheap :thumb:
We did not have an evening meal but had lunch there during our cycle round the reservoir, i had steak baguette with onions and a swift half it was very good.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
We've stayed at the CC site but with our caravan, enjoyed the area. There used to be a shop and site nearby think it was called The Pudding Club/shop, nice homemade bakewells.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back