Carrying your V5 when in Europe. (1 Viewer)

When travelling on the Continent, have you ever been asked to produce your V5?

• Yes

Votes: 39 30.2%
  • No

Votes: 90 69.8%

• Total voters
Sep 22, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
I have been stopped on more than 1 occasion in different countries, last year in Portugal we were in the toad and they were insistent that they had to see originals not the copies we had with us .Lucky had plastic driving licence with us.so excepted that but gave us warning to carry all originals in future. Am not sure what will happen in future as the only insurance certificate I now have is the 1 I print off the internet?

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Had insurance doc sent to me in France as couldn't renew over here,went to tourist office they said email it to them then they printed out cost €2

Joe

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have been stopped on more than 1 occasion in different countries, last year in Portugal we were in the toad and they were insistent that they had to see originals not the copies we had with us .Lucky had plastic driving licence with us.so excepted that but gave us warning to carry all originals in future. Am not sure what will happen in future as the only insurance certificate I now have is the 1 I print off the internet?
An interesting point all my insurance docs are sent by email and I only print on a Mono Laser.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
We don't get new insurance certificates every year anyway. Just rely on the automatic bank renewal 'paid' slip. When going abroad you have to get an A4 green sheet stamped & signed by the agent/company. Last 2 years I have been away when it is renewed so have it emailed to me & I print it on a green sheet. Other awkward thing is that they won't send renewal until they apply for payment,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, which is usually 2-3 weeks after the renewal date.:(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back