TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Yep, I think the comments on this thread, as well as all the others, have convinced me that a refillable system is the way forwards. One question though...if i get a refillable system fitted and then find myself unable to refill (I think Italy is known for not having many refilling points??) Can I still just plug in a standard hose onto my reducer, put my refillable in the garage and use a local propane/butane bottle?
We have 2 x 6kg Gaslows and have never had problems finding refills - albeit we occasionally have had to go "off track" in countries where it's not so prevalent (e.g. Norway). However Morocco is a problem as there are NO refilling points anywhere in the country. So I carry a Gaslow adapter hose which screws straight onto a Moroccan bottle (same fitting as Calor actually) which I buy in-country and throw away when leaving (very cheap). It's usually carried in the back box so alleviating the carriage/storage problem. The adapter hose screws into the refilling point.

As a backup I've got a Camping Gaz 907 cylinder together with another Gaslow adaptor - again using the adapter hose/filler point. This again lives in the back box and usually comes with us on most trips. Could be the best solution for the OP.

Also I've just remembered a small Camping Gaz cannister stove with a couple of spare cartridges hidden somewhere in amongst the rubbish in a locker............

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back