Free Member
Dec 16, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
2018 Chausson EB
Exp
None
I want to carry a bike / scooterand have been looking at various options, many seem limited to 150 kgs - I have a Chausson 628 [up-plated to 4000kgs] and the garage mentions a weight limit of 150 kgs too, any opinions on rear carriers and/or towbar and sideways trailer ?

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
First of all, what is the back axle limit? Can it be increased with air suspension and tyre choice?
Have you allowed for the self weight of the bike carrier? With our Sunlight we were able to have bolted on some additional chassis rails that gave an upgrade to 250kg in the garage area, [ allowing our Honda Wave 110i], to live in the garage without the need for a rack. It's a bit of a squeeze, but in the short term works OK. Can you buy a similar kit for the Chausson? It may be possible to then add a tow bar/ bike carrier to these rails if that is needed at a later date if carrying the bike in garage doesn't work out.
Watling Engineers fitted ours, it's a couple of hours for them to fit it, and having looked at it in situ probably a couple of days DIY.
Hope that helps.
Mike

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back