LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Was thinking of taking our carpets and using the templates to get new ones made but mum has suggested taking a set and getting them dyed. Has anyone else had theres dyed? Where can you recommend?

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Was thinking of taking our carpets and using the templates to get new ones made but mum has suggested taking a set and getting them dyed. Has anyone else had theres dyed? Where can you recommend?
Wouldn't you need to do the roots every six - eight weeks?

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Depends on why the change, if the carpets you have are marked, those marks will still show when dyed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
I was told off by a fellow M/H owner for taking up our carpets, saying that I risked damaging the flooring panels. So I would definitely keep them in place.

The marks will still be there is you dye the carpets, and I would simply use them as a template for a new carpet. I am toying with the thought of Velcro to keep ours in position, as they do slide around a little

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Depends on why the change, if the carpets you have are marked, those marks will still show when dyed.
No they haven't ever been used. They are just too light when you have a dog. Mum prefers no carpets but I like the feeling of warmth under my feet.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
My cream carpets are in the loft.
I have bought these
Amazon product ASIN B007ZSD9X0In various sizes to suit the floor space available. I used brown/black.
They are comfy underfoot (like you I hate the gritty feel of uncarpeted ) I can pick them up one by one to shake off outside. They vacuum up like new once home. They don't show the dirt (just come back from ankle deep muddy field at Goodwood) , they don't move about on the floor and finally, you can cut around them to fit with scissors, no fraying, I even cut the circle for the table leg. I did leave the cab carpets down as I don't like the look of the fiat cab rubber mat but I have bought matching mats in the smallest size to put in the foot wells and between the cab seats.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Took ours out after 1 year. A lot easier to keep clean. Dustpan & brush is easier than a vac. The sand and car park find their way in no matter how well you wipe your feet even tho we take our shoes off.
We put a piece of loose lino down in the kitchen area (most use) to preserve the original.
Also have a rug down in the bedroom for comfort.
Slippers for cold mornings.(y)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
@Riverbankannie - your link doesn't show at all on this PC.

Give us a clue, cos ours has a wood laminate floor and we have washable mats down which desperately need replacing, had them since 2009 and they are well past their sell-by date and bits crumbling off the backing - in the Bessie we had them down on top of the cream fitted (well - it was shaped, whipped and press studded) carpet.

We don't have a handy 'carpet bloke on a market' and I dunno where to start really (without it costing an arm and a leg) cos it's all odd shapes and dimensions.

Help!

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
@sedge Try this link.

We have a couple very similar at home. I can't remember where they came from. They do work very well.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I think these are the actual ones I bought. This is amazon description for you to search
SMALL BROWN /BLACK DOOR MAT RUBBER BACKED RUNNER BARRIER MATS RUG PVC EDGED KITCHEN MAT(40 X 60 CM) by RUGS 4 HOME

I thought I had bought direct from rugs 4 home but I cannot find their website.
I've got a PVC rear lounge so I mostly bought the long runners to fit.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Took up the carpets in the van, grandchildren, clumsy gran and red wine so much easier to deal with when only a quick wipe is needed. we have a couple of aldi runners, quick shake outside or a stiff brush and they are fine. Vac the van when we get home, sweep it out inbetween times. have also used thin bath mats. Have a pair of slipper socks for the really cold nights.

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Yorkshire trading sell carpet runners off a roll. £7.99 a metre. We bought the stiffer backed on. It cuts without fraying and although we have not had much use out of it. ( long tale, see previous posts re. our gearbox) it has stood up well to the journey and dog hairs. The dog is not too impressed, he wants a softer carpet.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Similar to our Tesco ones - the backing is disintegrating and where they have been wetted accidentally and un-noticed and not hung up to dry (in the kitchen area mostly, but not exclusively) the backing parts company with the top and sticks to the vinyl floor now. It washes off OK - but they absolutely need replacing and I was hoping for something better.

The carpet tops have years more life in them - no dogs or young children etc - so I'm looking for something different, rather than more of the same!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back