Carpets for Hymer B544 1992 Ducato chassis (1 Viewer)

davlynsun

Free Member
May 29, 2012
Orihuela Costa Spain
Funster No
MH
1992 Hymer B544 on Fiat D
Exp
5years
As a newcomer to the forums, I am not sure if this is the correct place.
My 1992 Hymer B544 on a Fiat Ducato chassis is in need of a little TLC.
My main area of concern is the cab carpets which are starting to thread and look shabby.
It would be appreciated if a kind person could suggest where I can have new ones manufactured or supplied from.
I will put some photos up of the problem if this would help.
Thank you in anticipation.
Davy

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Davy, welcome to Fun, I think the main problem is that a lot of us are based in the UK so knowing the information for abroad not sure, maybe someone would know who lives in Spain, if you intend to get it done in UK there are some here who fit carpets to Hymers. :Smile:

OP
OP
D

davlynsun

Free Member
May 29, 2012
Orihuela Costa Spain
Funster No
MH
1992 Hymer B544 on Fiat D
Exp
5years
Hi Carol, thank you for the reply.
Do you know if any would manufacture from a template,then send across to Spain for DIY fitting?
Davy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
There office is closed week end, but I will find out details for you next week and post any information I can get. :Smile:

presto

Free Member
Jul 3, 2010
n Ireland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
We have a Hymer although I am not very usful at DIY I used the old carpets as templates and cut a carpet end.I used a Stanley knife then got the edges think its called whipped. The whole job cost about a hundred pounds they look great if I can do it anyone can.Presto

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We have a Hymer although I am not very usful at DIY I used the old carpets as templates and cut a carpet end.I used a Stanley knife then got the edges think its called whipped. The whole job cost about a hundred pounds they look great if I can do it anyone can.Presto

I did the same with our A Class Pilote Think it cost something like £8 a metre to have it Bound/whipped?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
Its just carpet, any carpet fitter would be able to fit whatever new carpet you want or do what we did was to replace the carpet with lino, luckily my brother in law is a carpet fitter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back