Free Member
Apr 2, 2015
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Newie but caravaned 30 years
I am hoping to go to France next year and would like to have a few days carp fishing. Can anyone reccomend a campsite with good carp fishing or a fishery that allows motorhomes near the laķe. Several years ago I fished a campsite lake in central France that had mainly french campers on it and because they take the fish home to eat it was almost devoid of fish. I did catch a couple and the locals were a bit anoid when I returned them to the water.

Reactions: DBK
Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Not a fisherman but have French friends who live west of Reims.They have took us twice to some lakes not far from were they live which has a restaurant next to the lakes.The pictures on the place mats and on the walls show the carp that have been caught there.Last year when we went they said that an English footballer had bought the lakes and restaurant.I will try and find out what it's called although someone else may already know the place.Our friends have a farm in BRAINE and it was 15 mins drive nth east from there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Carp... Hm, yes, good eating. A bit like chicken with bones like coat hangers.

But I fished a few times in a lake near Detmold in Germany many years ago. The fishing was run by the local police club but through a contact I got to fish there.

I baited the swim with chopped luncheon meat (Spam) for a week then used a bolt rig with the cube of meat threaded on a thin bit of nylon from the hook.

The local fish hadn't seen anything like it, I caught six fish in a morning all around 8 pounds, hardly monsters but they fought incredibly hard.

The folk nearby couldn't understand why I put them back!

You will often see "karpfen" on the menu of a German restaurant. Worth trying. It's very tasty.

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Highly agree with Mike D. Twin Lakes, someone had a 28llb Carp. While we were there recently there were some good weights.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
If you cant eat it dont catch it :)
love fishing for pollock or bass (best on the Eddystone reef 14.5 lbs
on 5lb line)
light tackle pan size and above go in the freezer (y)

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Seeing those pictures, I thought you might like to have a look here

Broken Link Removed