LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
When I was diagnosed as coeliac I was told it was just about possible to be a lax vegetarian and coeliac and still have a balanced diet but not possible to be vegan and coeliac without having a problem with calcium and protein. As I am neither vegetarian nor vegan it didn't matter too much but my daughter in law is vegetarian (almost vegan - she has milk / cheese) and it is a struggle to make nutritionally balanced meals we can both eat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
lol .... tHAT'S why I had to change my avatar... I couldn't remove it... :)

I had to email mine to Toots and then..............well you know the rest. Embarrassing..... but my 12 year old IT advisor was in Portugal on half term. When she's away all IT matters stop dead!:cry:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I had to email mine to Toots and then..............well you know the rest. Embarrassing..... but my 12 year old IT advisor was in Portugal on half term. When she's away all IT matters stop dead!:cry:
.... and I sent mine to Debs and her daughter did it for me.... LOL :)

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
I know I was grey at Cranage but that cos of flu and some weird virus ... which I am STILL struggling with ... A lot of my friends who are vegan are beautiful though ... and look at Maz and look at Kim ... wow ... advert enough .. :)

Going for my lettuce butty now.. Tea time.

What's wrong with us Joy? Then again, perhaps, despite being vegetarian, we are not as beautiful as some! Then again, perhaps wer'e not friends either!

Those who know us, know that I am grey and anoREXic and Janet is grey and has no energy! Mum is also vegetarian and has just had her 98th birthday. Must be the energy pills.

All this talk of calcium, protein and other rubbish! Chips, chips, chips is wot you want!!! Great staple diet. Chips have everything you want and need and theyr'e CHEEEEEEP!!! Oh and there is CAKE of course!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
What's wrong with us Joy? Then again, perhaps, despite being vegetarian, we are not as beautiful as some! Then again, perhaps wer'e not friends either!

Those who know us, know that I am grey and anoREXic and Janet is grey and has no energy! Mum is also vegetarian and has just had her 98th birthday. Must be the energy pills.

All this talk of calcium, protein and other rubbish! Chips, chips, chips is wot you want!!! Great staple diet. Chips have everything you want and need and theyr'e CHEEEEEEP!!! Oh and there is CAKE of course!

Thanks Rex. You said it all their my lovely friends... You don't know how at the meets you make me feel actually NORMAL sometimes when people start going on .... and as you say when they start going on about how we look .. and put it down to us being vegetarians/vegans I guess it says it all ... You have a better way with words than me .. and just look at your lovely wife too .. slim, pretty, gorgeous thick head of hair.. Certainly nothing lacking in vitamins there. xx

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Our son has been a vegetarian since he was 7 years old - his own decision and one that we respect. He still is and looks fine on his diet, which is very varied. When they come for a dinner, for example a roast, we make sure that the spuds are done in olive oil (they always are unless it is beef) and that everything is "kosher" for him. we usually do a quern something or other or a bean and something bake. Works well, for very little extra effort.

Joy, I do a "killer" asparagus risotto - you only have to ask Mike B for a reference to the undoubted quality of Duck cooking....... ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back