Carnet de Passage

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by 2escapees, Jan 10, 2008.

  1. 2escapees

    2escapees Deleted User

    If you thinking of taking you RV to some more exotic locations than the norm you might find you need a Carnet de Passage. This simple document avoids the necessity of paying import duty and trying to get it back when you leave.

    The only place to get it in the UK is from the RAC but they are horrendously expensive so if you need one try ADAC the German motoring organisation. They are much cheaper and you get your money back quickly after the trip. We needed one for our trip to North Africa and the Middle east and ADAC saved us thousands of pounds!

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice