Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
Woe is me. Woe. We have had to return to the bear's lair for some necessary repairs and won't be able to make Carmarthen. Sitting in a bog the last couple of days has not improved Mrs Movinon's mood either, and there are rumblings of mutiny. Caution is advised. So maybe next time.

Not such a happy bear right now.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
In view of the 'hate messages' etc, I have capitulated and am now working on plan E.

THERE WILL BE WELSHCAKES !

But only 60 or so. Form an orderly queue.

Peter

Wahoo thank you Peter :thumb: hope you have an extra brown one saved for me please

Kath x

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Woe is me. Woe. We have had to return to the bear's lair for some necessary repairs and won't be able to make Carmarthen. Sitting in a bog the last couple of days has not improved Mrs Movinon's mood either, and there are rumblings of mutiny. Caution is advised. So maybe next time.

Not such a happy bear right now.

Sorry about that , hope nothing too serious, perhaps next time all will be well :thumb:

John n Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
In view of the 'hate messages' etc, I have capitulated and am now working on plan E.

THERE WILL BE WELSHCAKES !

But only 60 or so. Form an orderly queue.

Peter

all is well with world now:thumb:.....many Thanks for stepping in and preventing what could have been a weekend spoiler::bigsmile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
A small charm / earring part has been handed in found nr the blue toilets at the fun site Carmarthen

please see John or Kath if you have lost it

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
A small charm / earring part has been handed in found nr the blue toilets at the fun site Carmarthen

please see John or Kath if you have lost it

Arrr...... Be it a "pirate" earing ??????????????????

Attachments

• SAM_1910.jpg
    SAM_1910.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 17

petensal

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2012
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since Sept 2009
Last minute decision, have you got room for one more?

If so what time do the gates close?

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
8pm tonight, reopen 9am sat

But if your late you can park on the road outside or the park and ride Clark park 300 yes from the gate.

Probably yes.

Grass is dry top end of our pitch

petensal

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2012
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since Sept 2009
8pm tonight, reopen 9am sat

But if your late you can park on the road outside or the park and ride Clark park 300 yes from the gate.

Probably yes.

Grass is dry top end of our pitch

Many thank.

Better get a move on then

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Bad weather?

What bad weather?

Broken Link Removed

The decision is made to put up a tent...

Broken Link Removed

Some work... some supervise... some just watch.

Some people can multi-task...

Broken Link Removed

JJ :Cool:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Dont want to put the "Mockers" on your enjoyment JJ...

You seen the forecast for tomorrow... :Blush:

Wouldn`t like Jim to lose another tent... :Sad:

Gail force winds and torrential rain from 10am all the South West and bottom end of Wales are going to cop it..

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Well looks like we survived the night. Athough there were a few 'interesting' moments.

Tent still there and looks intact, (but thats the view from inside my van 30 yds away, not going out yet!)

No vans overturned or missing, in fact more are arriving,

Sky is grey and overcast so be warned, there is very little in the way of solar coulombs coming off the roof, so may run my genrator later on.

So remembering a recent thread on here, I appologise in advance for the noise!

Oh its not the generator making the noise it's the strange quasi -religious ceremony I have to go through to get it to fire up.

This involves me swearing at it in several languages, kicking it and swearing at it, runing arround in circles (anti clockwise of course, cos i'm a Druid) and swearing at it.

Plus sometimes I have to swear at it !

Still it keeps me warm and saves on the heating gas.

Cheers

Peter

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
As we have a distinct lack of captstans and cleats etc on our van....any recommendations on the best places to attach mooring ropes?
Might need them later:Eeek:

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
There are still nine die heart funsters at Carmarthen.
It's a glorious spring evening, lovely sunshine a mild zephyr of a breeze.

All sat outside enjoying a sundowner, priceless !

Peter

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We went through the worst of the weather and left before the best of it! :Doh::Doh: Still it could have been worse, I could have been in the chemical toilet that blew over (twice) yesterday afternoon :thumb:

Despite the wind and rain, we had a lovely weekend - thanks to Jim, Sian, and their team. Met some lovely people, and Carys was a little ray of sunshine - hope to meet her and everyone else again soon.

TheDentons

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie bought our first motorhome 7months ago and love it
Camarthen show

We had a fab weekend. Shame about the weather
As it was our first meet and we were hoping
To mingle and get to know people better.
Looking forward to doing it again soon, met some lovely people
And thank you all for your patience with carys
And letting her into your motorhomes.
Hopefully next meet will be sunny and we can
All BBQ in the sunshine.

Andrew & Rachel and Carys :Smile:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We had a fab weekend. Shame about the weather
As it was our first meet and we were hoping
To mingle and get to know people better.
Looking forward to doing it again soon, met some lovely people
And thank you all for your patience with carys
And letting her into your motorhomes.
Hopefully next meet will be sunny and we can
All BBQ in the sunshine.

Andrew & Rachel and Carys :Smile:

Looking forward to it. :Smile:

petensal

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2012
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since Sept 2009
Many thanks to all for you wonderful attempts in the face of adversity.(shame about the weather)

This was a good excuse for a road trip for us, currently parked up at a pub in the Derbyshire peaks, fed and watered, ready for the final leg home in the morning.

See you soon

Pete and Sally

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
Good to meet some of you Funsters!

Thanks very much to those funsters I met at the show on my brief visit on Saturday for making me welcome and Jim for the beer - I owe you one next time! I hope you all had a good social evening despite the terrible weather.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Do we qualify as the funsters who travelled the furthest to come to Carmarthen? :ROFLMAO: Round trip of 900 miles covered to get from home to there and back! However it was worth it all to meet with friends old and new. Thanks to Kath and John for the marvellous job of marshalling before the arrival of our beloved leader. You kept everyone on the hard ground and we could relax knowing that no matter what the weather threw at us (and it did!) we would be able to drive off on leaving the show without assistance of a few tractors!

Thanks also to Jim and Sian for the bacon rolls - worth the trip for those. Also to Peter H for the Welsh cakes - I must get the recipe and try making them.

Also thanks to our honoured guest from Portugal who kindly picked us and our shopping up from Tesco in Carmarthen - it was great to see you again JJ and congrats on your team's success.

We are sorry that we did not say goodbye in person this morning but we wanted to get in the road and get home today. We arrived home without incident at 18.30 although I think a couple in a MH also going north on the M6 thought we were trying to hijack them as when we passed them out I was trying to alert them that their step was sticking out:Eeek:

Kath and Howie and the Wyaye pack

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
Do we qualify as the funsters who travelled the furthest to come to Carmarthen? :ROFLMAO: Round trip of 900 miles covered to get from home to there and back! However it was worth it all to meet with friends old and new. Thanks to Kath and John for the marvellous job of marshalling before the arrival of our beloved leader. You kept everyone on the hard ground and we could relax knowing that no matter what the weather threw at us (and it did!) we would be able to drive off on leaving the show without assistance of a few tractors!

Thanks also to Jim and Sian for the bacon rolls - worth the trip for those. Also to Peter H for the Welsh cakes - I must get the recipe and try making them.

Also thanks to our honoured guest from Portugal who kindly picked us and our shopping up from Tesco in Carmarthen - it was great to see you again JJ and congrats on your team's success.

We are sorry that we did not say goodbye in person this morning but we wanted to get in the road and get home today. We arrived home without incident at 18.30 although I think a couple in a MH also going north on the M6 thought we were trying to hijack them as when we passed them out I was trying to alert them that their step was sticking out:Eeek:

Kath and Howie and the Wyaye pack

We did a round trip of 534miles so you beat us :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back