Carioca fuse box terminal (1 Viewer)

redpis

Free Member
Mar 8, 2009
Funster No
Hi Guys,

I want to use an empty fuse way in the ducato based fuse box, I'm trying to find the crimp terminal which slides into the vacant socket which will allow a mini blade fuse to be used.

Anyone know where I can get one, tryed local breakers but no joy, internet searches for the part have drawn a blank.

Any help or pointers would be welcomed

Cheers

Ian

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
try fiat they may do a fusebox repair kit.
i know ford used to or has been suggested an auto electrician may have some.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Link Removed

as for the size you need, that's your guess :ROFLMAO:

you'll also need the crimper for uninsulated terminals, it's different to the one for insulated terminals,

if it were me, i'd nip back to the scrapper with a small flat blade jewlers screwdriver, and pop a few terminals out of a fusebox, snip the wire off a good few inches down the loom, then back home, solder the terminals wires to your wires, pop the terminals in the un-used fuse way, pop in a fuse, and roberts your aunties hubby, (remember to gentyl bend the latching tang back out before you slip the terminals into the fusebox, as they get flattened when compressing them to get em out)

OP
OP
R

redpis

Free Member
Mar 8, 2009
Funster No
Link Removed

as for the size you need, that's your guess :ROFLMAO:

you'll also need the crimper for uninsulated terminals, it's different to the one for insulated terminals,

if it were me, i'd nip back to the scrapper with a small flat blade jewlers screwdriver, and pop a few terminals out of a fusebox, snip the wire off a good few inches down the loom, then back home, solder the terminals wires to your wires, pop the terminals in the un-used fuse way, pop in a fuse, and roberts your aunties hubby, (remember to gentyl bend the latching tang back out before you slip the terminals into the fusebox, as they get flattened when compressing them to get em out)

Hi Gaz

Thanks for the brilliant link which I will follow up.

Our local scrappy charges a minimum of £5.00 to go through the gate :-( so thats out!

OP
OP
R

redpis

Free Member
Mar 8, 2009
Funster No
Link Removed

Near the botttom of the page are the little babies.

Cheers for all your help

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

redpis

Free Member
Mar 8, 2009
Funster No
Update

Ok to recap - instead of using scotchlok connectors or cutting and soldering on to a supply cable ( both switched and unswitched needed) I thought I would make use of the spare ways in the fusebox, took a while but with help got their in the end.

The part number from Vehicle Wiring Produts is 3-8331. this is the crimp receptical which slides into the empty socket to allow a mini fuse to be used.

I found removing the complete surround from the fuse board made life really easy.

With the fuse box exposed, unplug the main supply and control cable from the block, undo the three 10mm hex bolts and this will allow you to work on the block.

On the side of the block is two orange strips, these are the plastic retianers for the top and botton sockets.

Slide out the botton (blank socket) strip (might need a but of a robust tug).

Crimp the cable into the 3-8331 with pliers (I soldered for good measure) and push from below into blank hole (check oriantation, the crimp has a small tag to help alignment)

When new socket is 'home' slide locking bar back fully into the block.

Re-assemble and the jobs a gud un.

Hope this helps

PS I bought loads of different ones before I got the right one, so if anyone needs a few give me a shout

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back