Carioca 656 Electrical gremlins (1 Viewer)

entwistlea

Free Member
Aug 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carioca 656
Exp
Just bought a 2004 Carioca 656, but having some storage electrical gremlins, wondering if its a known issue.

The red lamp for the cab battery was flashing red, even though the battery started the van fine. As a precaution we replaced the battery with an identical one, I noticed a bolt on the positive connection plate was a little lose, so tighten it ( the plate that connect to the positive of the cab battery). The van was then very sluggish to start.... strange I thought, all connections are tight. I am starting to think the new battery may be dud...

Anyway, now the leisure battery has dropped down to red lamp only, we've had the van connected to 240v and not sued anything, so this is even stranger.

On test it suggests that the leisure battery is being charged ( lamps light up in sequence). The leisure battery is also new ( I am told, and it looks so)

Anyone got any ideas. We're due to use her for the first time next weekend, but without power it may be a dissapointing weekend !

Andy

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
when you say red lamp for cab battery do you mean on dash or on consumer / hab controlunit

OP
OP
E

entwistlea

Free Member
Aug 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carioca 656
Exp
sorry, on the had control unit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Best to check the basics:-
Hook up lead OK ?
240V Trip Switch not tripped in van ?
Battery Voltage going up with engine running from say 12.6V to 14V { Multi-meter check }
12V fuses not blown under the bonnet/ inside the van ?
Good Earths ? { under ring terminals clean up the areas }
Batteries- scuff up the terminal posts with emery paper as that will make a big difference.
Be careful not to touch POSITIVE and ground { bodywork } while carrying out the above.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back