carioca 656 2009 control panel lights (1 Viewer)

Daviedubs

Free Member
Sep 25, 2015
midlands
Funster No
MH
just about to get one
Exp
im a newbie
Hi - I have a red light flashing constantly - see photo - manual says it is a waste tank - but there is another waste tank light system - the flashing light is also part of the engine battery check although this does not light when the test button is pressed - any ideas anybody?
Regards
Dave

OP
OP
D

Daviedubs

Free Member
Sep 25, 2015
midlands
Funster No
MH
just about to get one
Exp
im a newbie
image.jpeg

anthony whitstable

Free Member
Jan 26, 2014
whitstable
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
HI THERE MINE ONLY FLASHES RED WHEN ENGINE BATTERY IS FLAT WHEN THE BATTERY BUTTON IS PRESSED BOTH ENGINE AND HAB LIGHTS UP TO SHOW CHARGE HOPE THIS HELPS
ANTHONY

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

Daviedubs

Free Member
Sep 25, 2015
midlands
Funster No
MH
just about to get one
Exp
im a newbie
Hi - had the engine battery replace - this did not change anything - when you press the battery check button the light stops flashing and stays on -

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
It's the cab/ engine battery indicator
It thinks the engine battery is flat

Is the engine battery flat?
Regardless of when you replaced it , can you start the engine etc

OP
OP
D

Daviedubs

Free Member
Sep 25, 2015
midlands
Funster No
MH
just about to get one
Exp
im a newbie
Yes it was a brand new Bosch battery put in and all is good......

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
mine is a 2007 CI 656, pressing the blue lower left button illuminates both left LED ladders. top left LED ladder gives hab. battery state, when on mains the ladder pulses,
the lower left LED ladder shows the engine battery.
So you say you have a good engine battery which operates the engine satisfactory and is not flat, then fault lies with the indicator
Interestingly that bottom left LED ladder also looks like it can assigned the show a third tank level or engine battery level

So did it work correctly before you changed the engine battery?
Have they connected ALL the wires back on to the battery?!
Has anybody touched the control box which is behind the drivers seat?

OP
OP
D

Daviedubs

Free Member
Sep 25, 2015
midlands
Funster No
MH
just about to get one
Exp
im a newbie
This was happening with the old battery which was knackered.....so thought a new battery would resolve it....only had the Motorhome since October so haven't used it much and still learning! What usage control box Behind the seat?

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
This was happening with the old battery which was knackered.....so thought a new battery would resolve it....only had the Motorhome since October so haven't used it much and still learning! What usage control box Behind the seat?
OK
My guess is that you need someone to look at the control box behind the drivers seat
It could be set to look for a fluid level and needs setting to cab battery, no idea how to do this, sorry
Also the box is full of fuses, there is a lid on the top, perhaps check those too

Also lift the lid on the cab battery, which is in the passenger foot well, and check everything looks ok in there, I don't think there are fuses but there will be the cab feed the the control box, check its intact/connected

OP
OP
D

Daviedubs

Free Member
Sep 25, 2015
midlands
Funster No
MH
just about to get one
Exp
im a newbie
Thanks - is the control panel the same on your 07 van? The fridge also will not work on 12v - obviously should only work with engine running - could this be part of the same issue ie not recognising the engine battery?

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
yes it definitely is:)

the fridge only works on 12v when the ignition is on , this is to avoid cab battery drain, so my guess is you have lost cab battery to control box power

I don't think you will get a hab. charge as you drive either, which could be an issue

check those fuses(y)

Could I have all the clues at one time please:)

yes, my control panel is identical

OP
OP
D

Daviedubs

Free Member
Sep 25, 2015
midlands
Funster No
MH
just about to get one
Exp
im a newbie
Thanks for all this - you are confirming what my suspicions are!!! While we are on a roll with you - how do you get the heat to come out of the ducting points? They talk about a fan?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back