shades32uk

Free Member
Jul 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carioca 10
Exp
Hi Everyone,
There seems to be a wealth of knowledge on here so it seems very likely that someone may be able to help regarding an issue with the retracting step on my vehicle.
The step just seems to have stopped working ( retracted , thankfully ) I have checked all fuses and they are all fine, the fridge is still working on battery when vehicle running, so all Ok there.
I have checked the cut off switch which I assume is a sensor of sorts for retracting the step when you start the vehicle- this is also fine.
My question is , Is there a further relay for the step power anywhere else on my vehicle as I am running out of ideas now and i am suspicious that this may be the case. Also with switch on the step removed I would have thought that the step alarm would sound, this also did not happen so fairly confident that there is a power supply problem with the motor ...
Many thanks if you can help at all, I am trying to sort this before a trip along the Rhine in two weeks
Marc

OP
OP
shades32uk

shades32uk

Free Member
Jul 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carioca 10
Exp
If anyone else has this problem then there is a relay behind the exterior lower fridge vent tucked up out of the way, one of the terminals had corroded sufficiently to fall off as soon as I unscrewed the mounting screw. Had to do a bit of a repair to the wiring and hey presto , all is good again !

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
You could do with a multi meter to check if there is power getting to the motor

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Oops, didn't read your second post.
Glad your sorted and thanks for detailing the problem (y) (y)
Welcome to the forum by the way (y) (y)

OP
OP
shades32uk

shades32uk

Free Member
Jul 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carioca 10
Exp
Thanks for the welcome, will be scouring the forum when I get a moment before I leave in a few weeks ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back