Cargo Tie down track on Hymer (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Does anyone know where I can buy some extra fixing points for my van please?

They look like a commercially available tie down track, me and Missus Chocks are looking on line for them but somebody might already know where I can get some (?)

Ta

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 29, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp
2016 Hymer, Adria
Hi, they are called Hymer Garage T Bolt eyelets. Got mine from Ebay, but they seem sold out at the mo... sorry I can’t help more... try a hymer dealer I suppose.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Brownhills used to sell them on ebay I think, so you try them. But, like all things Hymer, they were very expensive for what they were. .

When I researched them you could buy the eyebolts on line easy. The bit that goes into the track is called a Halfen insert I believe, which are used in the construction industry and are available. I ended up not needing any more so did not buy any. But you could have a search for those.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
I bought some 8mm (might have been 10mm) eye bolts from ebay and made my own inserts from some flat bar cut off into strips, drilled and tapped.
IMG_E5508.JPG

Edit - washers because I was too lazy to trim the too-long screws :rolleyes:

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Thanks Chaps (y) As it happens I have just gone out to the van and taken these photos..... if possible I'd like to get hold of the complete fittings as shown. Also maybe ones that can fix permanently to a board that I can then use to separate some of the garage contents.

(oh, @Lenny HB ...... note the gas filler is done, new bottles arrive tomorrow (y):D2;))

IMG_3490.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3491.JPG
    IMG_3491.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3492.JPG
    IMG_3492.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 44

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
They are used in disabled minibus conversions. The track in the floor is used to tie down wheelchairs.
Courtside conversions at Tiverton convert the bus so may be able to supply or point you in right direction.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back