LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
My motorhome is going to need a valet soon. The nearest motorhome valeters I can find are Careys - based at Don Amott in Derby - which is about a 70 mile mile round trip for me. Has anyone on here used them and, if so, what did you think of them? Alternatively, any recommendations for someone else a bit nearer? We live just south of Leicester, between Leicester and Market Harborough. My main concern though is to have my pride and joy looked after properly. The other thing is that, from September onwards, I will be working three days a week which opens up the possibility of travelling further afield and staying overnight.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Couldn't you use a good car valeter?

OP
OP
Stretto Boy

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Couldn't you use a good car valeter?

Well, of course I could, but I read things on hear about being careful with GRP bodies and gel coats. I can't find it at the moment but early this morning I was reading a post on here from someone whose fridge was ruined by a valeter who used a jet wash and water got in through the vent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
We had the same dilemma, trying to find a valeter, with our previous van I wanted @FJmike at motorhomevalet.co.uk to do it but the dates just didn't work.

But he is going to do our present van not till september though & i have to take it to gloucester, but i think its both worth the
wait & the traveling.

I think a lot of funsters use him, depends if you if you are prepared to wait.

Karl

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back