Carer needs a carer (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Sue and I have decided that after driving 200 miles, setting up camp, cooking a meal, taking her to the loo, making the beds and starting over again the next day for a week, that I need a carer.
SO we have decided to holiday closer to home and today we left our camp site [home], cycled and scootered to Blickling Hall for coffee, did another 7 miles in the estate and home for lunch.
Do any other Funsters holiday from Home? Or have a carers carer?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Slightly sideways, but when my parents-in-law were alive we got them registered as carers for each other. 'Twas perfectly legal too.

OP
OP
Foxy1956
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Slightly sideways, but when my parents-in-law were alive we got them registered as carers for each other. 'Twas perfectly legal too.[/QUOTE
I am Sue's registered carer. We are going to need lots of care as our generation gets older. Sue's dad is 89 and we go out with him for coffee and meals in and out. We are always on the lookout on sites for single people who might like a smile and a chat. This is what I love about this site, the chat, the caring posts after Lily dog died and the info. Thanks Funsters.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
after my accident, Brenda became my carer and it has taken its toll on her health. Now I am registered as her carer and we muddle through together. We share the jobs out that we are able to do and our daughter and son-in-law help with anything heavy that we can't manage
holidays are planned around sites that are accessible between rallies

Sep 9, 2011
Worcester
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
My wife as got alzheimers and I am disabled we are both in our seventies I get disability my wife gets attendance allowance so you wouldn, get it would you, sorry am asking

OP
OP
Foxy1956
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
My wife as got alzheimers and I am disabled we are both in our seventies I get disability my wife gets attendance allowance so you wouldn, get it would you, sorry am asking
Sorry to hear of your troubles. We get PIP and a carers allowance so we are well looked after financially. MS has certainly brought us closer together.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We had an excellent social worker looking after parents-in-law interests who explained everything very well. Even arranged a refund on Council Tax as they were eligible for a discount. Why not ask your local council for a visit, you never know what you might be missing out on. Statistics show many people don't claim their entitlements - it AIN'T charity!

Sep 9, 2011
Worcester
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
we get a reduction for the council tax and the wife get attendance allowance thanks for all your replies

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back