Care workers - Poor Pay - Thankless Task £9 hour (you never know when you might need one) for an additional £1.80 a day! (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I thought I would give you an update on this.

Since my wife left, everything has gone downhill for her client/patient (not sure how else to term him).

She contacted another carer as she had not heard from him.

Eventually , he texted her back.

Short and tall of it is. He had 4 main carers, one of which was my wife. A second one left, then a third started taking the mick, leaving him in his chair and not turning up to put him to bed. He had to sack that third carer, leaving him with just the remaining one.

Clearly no good for a paraplegic amputee. In this time, he ended up with a pressure sore that nobody noticed. He has had them in the past and this is something my wife would have spotted.

This left him having to go back to his elderly mothers to live with her. He has been very unwell during all this as the wound became infected and collapsed needing emergency hospitalisation. He has lost all his body fat and is now suffering mentally.

Upshot of it is, are you ready ?……

He feels my wife is partly responsible.
I hope your wife doesn't have any feelings of guilt, she sounds as though she might start to feel she contributed in his 'plight', she DIDN'T and make sure she knows it!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back