Caravan porch awning on a van conversion (2 Viewers)

Jan 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
3 yrs
We have a Citroen Relay L2H2 conversion with a Fiamma wind out awning.
We currently have a Kyham drive away awning which we love but on some sites we struggle to get on the pitches as it is 4m out from the van.
Had a couple of lectures on fire gap regs etc.
We have started looking at caravan porch awnings to cut down on width. Has anyone got any suggestions or recommendations?.
Jim

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
We have a Citroen Relay L2H2 conversion with a Fiamma wind out awning.
We currently have a Kyham drive away awning which we love but on some sites we struggle to get on the pitches as it is 4m out from the van.
Had a couple of lectures on fire gap regs etc.
We have started looking at caravan porch awnings to cut down on width. Has anyone got any suggestions or recommendations?.
Jim
Hi, Jim I have a Kampa rally pro 330 caravan porch awning for sale £100 if interested pm me or tel 07726342244, it's only been used for 1 week.
Cheers Dave
ps I am in N cumbria

Reactions: f6c
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
We use a Kampa caravan awning as it was cheaper than the Air one that they make for motorhomes. The caravan version has the 6mm bead only which is too big for the Fiamma channel so you may have to use a fig. 8 section. I pulled out the 6mm bead and pushed in the smaller 4mm one.
60DC24A2-C188-4B5E-A9B9-466E50D89EEB.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim Jackson
Jan 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
3 yrs
Hi, Jim I have a Kampa rally pro 330 caravan porch awning for sale £100 if interested pm me or tel 07726342244, it's only been used for 1 week.
Cheers Dave
ps I am in N cumbria
Hi Dave.
Thanks for that. I will have a look online at them.
Jim

OP
OP
Jim Jackson
Jan 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
3 yrs
We use a Kampa caravan awning as it was cheaper than the Air one that they make for motorhomes. The caravan version has the 6mm bead only which is too big for the Fiamma channel so you may have to use a fig. 8 section. I pulled out the 6mm bead and pushed in the smaller 4mm one.
View attachment 281750
Thanks for that. The awning looks great on the side of your van, the same size as ours I think.
I notice you have had to leave the awning bead "wing" out of the Fiamma channel so it fits correctly with the sliding door. Is this a problem?. Also is there plenty of clearance with the sliding door?
Jim

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Thanks for that. The awning looks great on the side of your van, the same size as ours I think.
I notice you have had to leave the awning bead "wing" out of the Fiamma channel so it fits correctly with the sliding door. Is this a problem?. Also is there plenty of clearance with the sliding door?
Jim
Depends how far your awning is over the door, I moved mine as far as possible to the left to minimise the bit hanging out but it’s not a problem.
It’s not a problem with the sliding door also.
You can only fit the 2400 awning as the 3 bay one is too long.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back