caravan 'porch' awning fitted to Fiamma f45 motorhome (1 Viewer)

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
funsters? as the Fiamma f45s wind out awning has two slide in grooves has anyone attached a caravan porch/tent instead of the fiamma privacy room

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Not tried it but I can see where you're coming from.

I would imagine height would be the deciding factor - I don't think there's any way we could get our ventura porch awning to work with our mh:( Shame cos it's a really nice awning.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
You have to get the right Awning, due to the grooves in the Fiamma awning are smaller than caravan rail.
I have a Kampa Motor Rally 390L which has fitting for both size grooves and it's taller than the caravan type and it's for sale for £40, it needs a clean but still useable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Have used porch awning previously on MH and found that if you can get the right height you are ok, however will probably need the conversion kit which isn't expensive.

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Saw one on a swift.The Awning had a extra piece stitched onto it.The owner took it to an awning repairer.It fitted really well.just slid into end of fiamma.He wound out awning slid awning into the edge.wound fiamma back into closed position.Then put caravan awning up.Good idea if you are staying put for a while.Don't know what stress it puts on fiamma awning though.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Outdoor Revolution did an awning that had both sizes of channel feed webbing in the one unit. This meant that the awning could fit either a wind out canopy or a traditional caravan awning rail.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We have done... We have a small suncamp porch awning that we got from towsure... Its intended as a dog and damp stuff area in wet /muddy times... Works OK to be honest... (obviously the fiamma isn't wound out when this is being used) We also have a movelite xlf drive away awning which we don't use anymore.. Works well but we just don't need that sort of extra space.

OP
OP
mentaliss

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Thanks to all... the Thule Canopy tent ( Thule QuickFit)...www.thule.com is a very interesting proposition and I consider the design to be one of the best innovations I have seen for a long time, however there's one problem for us that is its length, 3.6 mtrs which would be in our case short of length by 40cm not that much you might say but this length shortfall would interfere with the hab door opening and for £600 I would like the correct length.. 4.0mtr Fiamma awning
:cry::cry:

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
We had a suncamp ultima 390 for our AT Chieftain fitted fine. Since I have downsized MH to a Tracker I have brought a 290 suncamp awning but I had to buy a conversion kit to enable it to slide into the awning rail, they are not very expensive

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
funsters? as the Fiamma f45s wind out awning has two slide in grooves has anyone attached a caravan porch/tent instead of the fiamma privacy room
Yes, it works very well, as long as you have enough headroom to be able to open the habitation door. We have a Kampa awning roll out the Fiamma about a foot, slip the awning slide into the slot, then wind back in again. Great.

Deano

Free Member
Feb 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Benimar 282
Exp
I put a campa air awning on mine only thing is there’s always a gap either end even with limpits

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
We have a Caravan Kampa Air awning, only used once before we sold the caravan and bought moho. Its not tall enough to fit into the wind out awning rail track so now need to decide whether to get it altered or sell it.
It was an easier decision to put it up with the caravan because we were on site for longer, really cant make our minds up, we dont have dogs to consider either.
It cost us £750.00 and we would need to find a company to alter it also...decisions, decisions eh?
Les

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back