Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
littlehampton sussex
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Caravan guard insurance, just had a call from them quoting for insurance, anyone got any info good or bad about them.
Thanks
Roger

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Have used them for a few years now, seem OK but so far [touch wood] never had to call on their services.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
after shopping around gave the best value for best package, in fact a very good all round package. never had to claim, always helpful on the phone, never used any other as still in my first year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Caravan guard insurance, just had a call from them quoting for insurance, anyone got any info good or bad about them.
Thanks
Roger
Have been with them for several years. Always found them helpful, but (thankfully) I have had no claims against them.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Roger
I am with them, I had a little bump in Barcelona this year, Phoned them from Spain to inform them straight away they ask if i needed to to towed etc but fortunately it was not required, when I got back home they soon sorted out the paperwork, I think they are good hope this helps. Pete:thumb:

OP
OP
roger

roger

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
littlehampton sussex
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Thanks for the info, I am with saga and due for renewal on the 12th sept at £347 caravan guard quoted me at £250 and if I wanted to travel aboard extra £25 for comp insurance and £42 to extend the breakdown cover. Seems a good deal

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
After becoming immobilised in the New Forest I requested help from them.
A guy turned up in a small van, opened the bonnet, closed the bonnet. Looked in the fuse box.
Sucked his teeth, tutted several times. Said he would request a suitable tow truck/low loader and then vanished! So I never did get the chance to test Caravan Guard.

Being a bit (?) peeved I then contacted Fiat Camper Assistance. They were brilliant,honest.

They provided hotel accommodation, meals, taxis and a hire car.

Last edited:

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
I have been insured with Caravan Guard for some years and did have a very expensive claim. Apart from the incompetent Assessor the company were quite good at the end and I still remain with them even after my Blog I submitted on hear.::bigsmile:

PS ensure you inform them of all security measures you have as this assists with discounts don't mention them and they will not ask you.

Jul 24, 2019
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8096df
Exp
Over 30yrs and still learning
4 years back they refused to insure me if I pulled my car with an A frame.
They blamed the underwriters.
I thought it would be the thin end of the wedge and other insurers would follow suit but thankfully not.
Just wondered if any one else had any similar issues

Apr 30, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
A/S Clubman
I recently had a large claim all done very professionally and quickly all sorted within two weeks , have just renewed without great financial loss , so yes pleased ?

Ironside

Free Member
Sep 17, 2016
Warwick
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano 695G
Exp
Since 2016
Been with them 3 years and so far so good, when a Frenchman bumped me back in April I called them and they where helpful on the phone, happily I sorted the damage myself for under the excess cost.

Aug 9, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
I'm a newbie
Have received my renewal quote, I phoned to ask if my tracker warranted discount to be informed that as the new models from companies come onto the market the newer tracker systems are given policy discount and the older ones become obsolete. My vehicle is a Elddis Autoquest on a 16 plate and the tracker is out of date by at least 2 years so Caravan Guard told me today and that at present there is only 3 certain models from 3 manufacturers given tracker discount therefor no discount for mine, I was told all insurance companies do this, so why pay tracker companies yearly fees of many £ s to make less risk for the insurance company ?
Has any members got experience of this when renewing "

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back