Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I am in both, CC and C&CC only recently joined the CC tried one site in Norfolk a month ago, it was pristine, not a blade of grass out of place, have to reverse up to a little white stick in the ground, I ask her if mine was ok, perfect she said, um !! didn`t find other campers friendly, don`t think that club likes motor homers, just as I found this site, other sites I went on were privately owned, just turned up no booking, best site one at Reedham Ferry I have been on this holiday, , don`t like sites with bars, swimming pools etc, each to their own, I haven`t tried the CS`s or CL`s heard some good reports about them. I get RAC cover as I am in the C&CC as special rate, so will stay in that one, not decided about the other one yet, will see how this year is first.

Plenty on here will give you their opinion I am sure, you could always try both for a year then decide what is best for you.

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
This is an old chestnut, we are in both and TBH there isn't much to choose between them, it's splitting hairs I think. But we have used CC sites much more than CC&C sites mainly because we found CC sites were where we wanted to stay. We will probably drop the C&CC next year.

And to save all those who never use campsites the bother of posting I'll do it for you:

"Never paid to stay anywhere"
"Give me a layby and a public toilet and I'm happy."
"Why would I use the facilities in a campsite? I've paid for a MH with an indoor bog and shower so we are going to use them."
"They are all snooty/unfriendly in the Caravan Club."
"Warden like Hitler".
"No one is going to tell me how to park my MH".
etc, etc...

Needless to say we've never had a problem anywhere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Well been members of cc for 7yrs till the 1st of July this year. CCC just offers better concessions and service for us as a family. Have tried talking to cc for the last three years about what other clubs provide for us and they just not interested so after yet another long phone call to them with no joy we finally said goodbye. Since we have had 3 letters just automatic ones saying how sorry they are to loose us but nothing acknowledging our phone calls or even to say they actually listened to us :(:(:(

Upvote 0
Jun 9, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Malibu T500
Exp
Since 2014
Sorry but this is a real newbie question and apologies in advance for my ignorance but could someone tell me what CL and CS stand for?:notworthy:

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
CL (certificated location) and CS (certificated site.) both refer to 5 van sites, often on farms or in peoples back gardens. Some have minimal facilities (emptying and water) whereas many have EHU,showers etc. The minimal facility ones are usually quiet and cheap, and really ideal for motorhomers who don't need facilities. Both clubs have them though the CC has more I beleive.

I only belong to C&CC, used to belong to CC but found them a pain so left. I don't actually get a lot of use from C&CC either, apart from the odd weekend in the New Forest. If I have longer than a week or so I prefer to go to France where motorhomes are better catered for.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Borisski

They are both 5 van sites one under the Caravan and Camping Club banner and the other the Caravan club, Certified location and Certificated site or something similar, I never know which belongs to which but the respective web sites will inform.

I should add that they are good value usually, some have limited facilities and some are very posh, you pays yer money and takes yer choice.

Martin

OOPS Realllyretired beat me to it, Certificated sites are the Caravan and Camping Club so you can work out the other one yourself.

Upvote 0

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
We are in both find both very good i like the toll road discount with the Caravan Club which nearly pays for the membership

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
of the two Caravan clubs I know, which is the best one to join ?
if you want cheap, no frills camping in a green field with other campers, you would need to go a long way to beat the c&cc local district association rallies and temporary holiday sites. plus you get RAC cover at a better rate, covering more than standard cover. and a discount from most insurers too

caravan club s brilliant for their sites

so we have been members of both for many years

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back