LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
joining the big clubs is a matter of choice. and whether you will use the network of sites and 5van cl's. a bonus with the c&cc is the access to ths holiday meets and of course discounted breakdown cover and insurance

Upvote 0

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I am a member of both of the big clubs purely because of the location of some of their sites. Also as a solo traveller they often work out cheaper than any commercial site. The C&CC club is my preferred option as they offer an age concession for part of the year. Recently I paid just £5.75 per night at the Windermere site (non elec).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
My opinion - CC is sensible. Sensible prices, nice sites, sensible booking system, discounts on ferries etc. access to the CL's

CCC - don't even get me started !!! (Unless your a solo traveller) rip off merchants and crap booking system!
The friendly club they ain't !!!

Upvote 0

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
we are members of the CC and use their sites regularly.we find them very good value.and never had a problem with them.(y)
brian and jo

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we are only members of the CCC because we saved more than the membership on our RAC discounted cover

it was also the only way we could get a decent price on full recovery from UK and Europe with a 8m 5t MH

hardly ever use their sites, but like others it gives us the option, we have friends in both and we meet up with them, that is our main use of the sites (y)

Upvote 0
Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
We are members of both clubs but tend to use CC the most. I do prefer the CC out of the two, the CCC tend to think your brain dead when it comes to finding a pitch by yourself i.e. Your not allowed to!! Oh and don't get the chamois out at the CCC , you will be banned for life. :sneaky:

Upvote 0

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
OK for CSs and Meets/THSs though. We've been members for nearly 3 years and used several of those but never even attempted to book a main site.
Fair point re THS and CS - not sure about those big club meets though - I don't have a red fire bucket and don't salute the pennant at sunrise and sunset - also am under 70:p

Upvote 0

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a member of both. CC I find cheaper for ferries etc, also you have your savings on the M6 toll. Their sites are good, definitely better than C&CC in my opinion and their 5 van sites range is far greater. C&CC with their age concession as a solo traveller put them in the same price band as CC. Not as many 5 van sites but by using both you can normally find one where you need it. Temporary holiday sites (THS) are a major bonus these take place all round the country and give some nice cheap camping. Both clubs have local associations running weekend camping, I prefer C&CC because you don't have to book in the main.

Upvote 0

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We're in both. We're on a lovely CS at the moment, £10 per night with EHU. We rally with both clubs as well, gets us out most weekends in summer months. Then we use club sites during the winter so we can use the van all year round :)

Upvote 0

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have gone right off the C&CC.

Their new pricing structure is bonkers.

Twice I have gone to book 2 nights at their Chertsey site only to pull out when I realised it would cost nearly £80 for the 3 of us.

I will probably keep my membership but won't be using many or even any of their main sites at those prices.

They are taking the p.

Upvote 0

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
I use C&CC basically for the temp holiday sites, weekend rallies and discounts on the tunnel. The value of the THS's and rallies is excellent. My Dad also uses the Arrivals through the club where as I use safeguard breakdown as part of my insurance. For me there is no purpose joining both C&CC and the CC

Upvote 0

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
I am a member of both of the big clubs purely because of the location of some of their sites. Also as a solo traveller they often work out cheaper than any commercial site. The C&CC club is my preferred option as they offer an age concession for part of the year. Recently I paid just £5.75 per night at the Windermere site (non elec).

Yippee, I now qualify for the age concession. Having been in the wilderness years for what seems like an eternity (too old for club 18-30 but too young for saga!) Now I've had my card stamped and can take advantage of the lower rates.

When I hit 50, I said to my hubby, who is 6 years my junior, "great, now I qualify to go on a Saga holiday, but you can't come as you're too young" quick as a flash he replied "yes I can, I'll come as your carer" grrrr
;):):D:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Don't knock being your wife's carer! It CAN be beneficial you know ...... I'm diabetic and thereby always qualified for a flu jab, immediately they came out I dunno - 20 or more years ago in my 40s - which we both staunchly believe in having - but Pete couldn't get one as he was too young.

Then one day when Pete asked why he couldn't have one, the Dr's receptionist who we've both known for years and years, winked and said to him 'innocently 'Are you her carer?' We looked at each other and both said 'Yes!'.

If anyone else asked that in other circumstances even now - I'd probably punch them for inferring I need one!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ruth

Ruth

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Im wanting to motorhome
I didnt realise you got discounts on stuff when your a member. Guess i'll be joining

Upvote 0

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Just left the CC because felt they are overpriced and consider motorhomers as second class citizens, miss the CLs a bit. But don't like their overbearing attitude.

Upvote 0

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Member of both too but apart from a cs for the NEC recently we haven't used the C&CC for maybe 3 years simply because the CC have had the sites where we wanted to go.

Upvote 0

Vimbus

Free Member
Oct 31, 2014
Falmouth
Funster No
MH
Pop Top Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2008
I'm tempted to join c&cc purely for the Brittany ferry discounts, however I'm sceptical if you actually save money.

Most cl's we've stopped on don't seem to mind if you are members or not

Upvote 0

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Just left the CC because felt they are overpriced and consider motorhomers as second class citizens, miss the CLs a bit. But don't like their overbearing attitude.
in all the years we have been caravanning and motorhoming we have never come across those type of attitudes,we have always been made to feel welcome even when we had our RV,s.
Brian & Jo

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we joined the Caravan Club at one of the motorhome shows, cost £44 but we got 2 free night vouchers and used them at York which would have cost us £46.70…....….bargain £2.70 for joining. :eek:
The C C web site is better, their book is better and they have more 5 van sites, and when ever it said full on line, a phone call and they got us in.:LOL::D

The C and C club although they have out priced the club sites, you have the THS and 5 van sites also some good da meets at the weekends where you just turn up.

:) Bob.

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs A 7870-2
Exp
Newbie, caravanner since 2008
Will probably join both for our first year. Mainly for the CS/CL sites. Not too convinced about their 'discounts' - they probably start at a higher price for some stuff (e.g. Sat Nav 'special' deals) anyway. Has ANYONE seen Virgin wines for sale without a 50% discount? :D
As far as we're concerned we need to calculate the best deals for large families. Those midweek, over 60, child free discounts on tranquil adult only sites will just have to wait.:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
How does the Motor Caravaners Club compare with the big two ?

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs A 7870-2
Exp
Newbie, caravanner since 2008
I'd say pretty good if you use their nightstop scheme. One place even let's you use their spa facilities for a fiver! Yea gods, hubs and I have to part with nearly £100 p/m for that, and the kids are extra. :eek:
Must be some catch, you know like Hotel California, or maybe The Twilight Zone? ;)

Upvote 0

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Been a member of CC since 2002 and no real problems. There are some site wardens you'll have to take with a pinch of salt as they can be morose. However they are in the minority s most are welcoming and the sites are well cared for. The facilities even on CL's are also good

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
have been on a couple of cc sites during an inspection, with at least one of them being an unannounced visit. if the site facilities or wardens don't pass muster, there's hell to pay. wardens will be disciplined or even dismissed for failing an inspection. therefore you will find most sites well presented and the wardens helpful if asked

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back