Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Hi, yes I am not perfect. Far from it, but when you see the way some people behave and use the facility's I would need cash to maintain any interest. My hat goes off to people like sian. When ever you see her at the shows she is always smiling no matter what gets thrown at her. I know if I was not getting paid I would not last. Hope you have a good season.

Reactions: CWH

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We considered becoming wardens but having researched it a little on most sites it sounds too much like hard work! We prefer the idea of house sitting (with the motorhome) as a way to get out & see a bit of the Europe & have adventures on a low budget. Need to start & get some references in the UK first. If any Funsters like this idea perhaps we could start a house sitting service between us?! Could really suit those full timing not just those that like the idea of a free base to explore an area. Don't have to have access to homes just parking, water, waste & possibly wi fi in return for watering plants, feeding/walking animals, cutting grass etc plus increased security.
We have been considering going down the house sitting route too. Especially while we are in the UK where camping is so much more expensive. I have years of experience with dogs and horses, chickens too now I come to think of it. Might have to start doing a bit of research.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Reactions: CWH

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We have been considering going down the house sitting route too. Especially while we are in the UK where camping is so much more expensive. I have years of experience with dogs and horses, chickens too now I come to think of it. Might have to start doing a bit of research.
I looked into house sitting but a lot of them want you in the house and don't want you to have your own dog! Some you have to register with a company and pay for the priviledge! You need to get some good references from previous jobs and advertise.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Being a CC warden is something I always fancied doing but with my business it makes it impossible.maybe in another life;):) in all the 20yrs that we have been caravanning and motorhoming I have to say that we have never had a bad experience with any wardens,i do think some of the comments on this thread are totally unfair and as someone has already said , the way the wardens act towards you heavily depends on the way you are towards them.:)
Brian & Jo

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I looked into house sitting but a lot of them want you in the house and don't want you to have your own dog! Some you have to register with a company and pay for the priviledge! You need to get some good references from previous jobs and advertise.
That's why we need our own Funster version of housesitting - terms to be agreed by the individuals concerned :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Take a look at the 'Big Momma' blog here. This is by a fulltiming couple, Eric and Shazza, who spent the UK summer working as CC wardens then heading south for some winter sun.

They are on their seconds stint as wardens at the moment and so don't include quite so much info on life as a warden as they did the first time round. If you dig back a bit in the blog you will find a lot of info and Eric will always answer your questions I'm sure.

Paul

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We know a couple who work as wardens on a private site in the UK all summer then use the money they earn to spend the rest of the year at their house in France playing golf & generally enjoying life so some warden jobs must have decent wages. Their work life balance did get us thinking about our lives & how to do things differently.

Jack Russel

Free Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stockport
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
I did a season in France for Eurocamp. It was hard work, six days a week. But I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
The pay in 2001 was £90 a week plus large tent including camp bed, free gas, cooker and fridge with free electric.
A couple site can be run well to give more hours off on working days.

I have spoken to a couple who should have done a couple of hours a day in exchange for the pitch on a private site. They stuck it for less than a week as they were working a lot of hours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back