Caravan club V Camping and Caravan club (1 Viewer)

MJG1959

Free Member
Feb 14, 2015
Cleveland UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm sure this must come up lot's but what are current thoughts on which is the best club to join with a motorhome?

When we had a caravan we were CC members for many years and found it OK but I am wondering if the slight extra cost of membership is worth it or if there are any other substantial benefits to one or the other.

Thanks.

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
IMHO both have their +ives / -ives.

How you may or may not use both networks of CL / CS and Club Sites and member offers (M6 Toll as an example) may justify the spend.......

OP
OP
MJG1959

MJG1959

Free Member
Feb 14, 2015
Cleveland UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
As often as gassing :LOL: Try the search box for loads of threads.
Plus what Mick said (y)

Cheers yes thanks, being a regular user of forums I was aware of the search function the results of which I have had a look at I was just wondering what if anything might be more up to date.

Thanks.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Each have their benefits, and I am a member of both. If I had to choose just one it would be the C &CC, primarily because of the age concession rate which makes the sites quite cheap out of high season.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheDeckKing

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hyde, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Voyager 2 coachbui
Exp
We're in the CC and as newbies have loved the sites we've been on so far. Moving onto some CLs now that we're feeling braver over the next few weeks. Been looking at joining the C&CC as well though as the have a site in a perfect spot for legoland and Thorpe Park. We have annual passes so go there quite a bit.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
The problem is there are a couple on CC CL's we use regularly and also a couple of CS's that we like. So we have to cough up both lots of subs every year.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
We are members of both.we use the CC sites a lot and we joined the C& CC for the Arrival Breakdown scheme.i think we shall remain members of both(y)
Brian & Jo

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I found that being a member of both was a great asset when I was working in a particular area as it allowed a much greater choice , in some areas I found that either club was better represented than the other

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There are a few places we want to go this year that we haven't been to before. I've just spent a few hours over the past couple of days looking at the meets/THSs of the C&CC and MCC. Result is we should be able to get to most places we want to by hopping from place to place without any need to book in advance (y)(y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The CC have many more sites in Scotland.

Jan 9, 2013
Newbury
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
We also belong to both clubs to give us options, as the CC have some lovely locations, and generally excellent facilities. The C&CC temporary holiday sites are a real asset and we've used several over the years, returning each year to our favourites. The DA's are very good at setting up sites for specific events e.g. The Olympics (Weymouth), and the Tall Ships Regatta (Cornwall DA) - both of which we used.

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Much of a muchness I think for sites, so I believe it's the added benefits which individually suit which swing it.
Join at a show if you can - we got 2 free nights with CCC, so nearly paid for itself. Used one in autumn when had to go away
For recent benefit is discount off Cotswold outdoors, bought a go pro and ski gear this year and saved over £100.
For those using m6 toll regularly that may be worth it with cc
Will review again at renewal - no loyalty to either

OP
OP
MJG1959

MJG1959

Free Member
Feb 14, 2015
Cleveland UK
Funster No
MH
Exp

Thanks, I just needed to check.

The thing is about Internet forums is that there is very often a number of topics that come up very frequently, sometimes very very frequently.

So yes of course I could have just used the search function and got posts relevant to my question going back a month but for all I know there could have been something somebody was aware of since that was relevant to the question, hence I didn't only rely on that.

So given that how long would you say someone leaves it before asks a question that may have been asked a number of times previously given things may change over time?

One month, two months, a year?

I think simply just relying on a forum search function means eventually everything just gets distilled down to nothing more than a 'frequently asked questions' web site which I think is pretty useless as it doesn't allow for debate and discussion, and something you can get for free and not for a tenner a year.

So whilst I understand your comment I dont actually agree with it.

But thanks anyway.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
But when a query has only recently appeared and someone recalls that thread because they posted on it then I think it is relevant to your post and worth referring to. Things don't change much in 4 weeks.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
It depends how you use your motorhome, we've not joined either and managed very well. We attend rallies and meets, use Britstops, wildcamp and small private sites.

@MJG1959 what sort of places do you like to use your motorhome in?

OP
OP
MJG1959

MJG1959

Free Member
Feb 14, 2015
Cleveland UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
It depends how you use your motorhome, we've not joined either and managed very well. We attend rallies and meets, use Britstops, wildcamp and small private sites.

@MJG1959 what sort of places do you like to use your motorhome in?

We don't have one yet we have a narrowboat that is for sale and as soon as it does we will be buying.

Our preference would be remote small sites with no facilities other than mains and somewhere to empty the Elsan and grey water.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Joined both, no preference, C&CC sites are better IMHO, but CC offers are better e.g. M6 Toll. No problems with either but till we start touring abroad and keep to UK will probably stay members of both. Not sure about CL and CS small sites as no one ever checks it seems to me (they ask sometimes but no checking), like THS and Camping in Forest.

Personally if I lived north of Birmingham I would choose C&CC over CC (but we rarely go south), despite that sticking with both and review it each year.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Can't comment on the CC but we are members of the C&CC and love the THS's and can usually find a w/e meet in an area of interest to us. Cheap camping and get to visit some nice places.
Club sites are pretty much as expensive as commercial sites and try to avoid them if we can. But they are easily booked and are handy if you need them.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We've been members of the CC for 25 years now, and are dropping it upon renewal, as it's an expensive facility which we don't need anymore, plus the fact that there is nothing "club" about it, ie, it's a business. At the NEC this year, I found out that the (extortionate) £30pupn fee for camping there, (more like parking) was the same for non members, as it was for members. :eek:

We too are members of the C&CC for their THS, CSs, and Motor Caravan section, and also members of the MCC, who's meets and rallies are geared up for MH'ing. (y) Add to that, the meets and rallies of the various MH Forums Groups, (like FUN) and you'll always have somewhere to go. :)

If unsure as newbies to MHs and the thought of wildcamping, join both the CC and the C&CC which means wherever you find yourselves, there will always be a safe overnight place to stop within their network of Sites, CLs and CSs. That was our theory ten years ago, when we gave up caravanning and became MHers.

Good luck with the sale of the narrowboat, and with the search for that dream MH. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We originally joined both CC and CCC but dropped CC after a year as found we didn't use any of their sites or CLs but used loads of DA meets, CSs & THSs.

Will be going for online membership when it comes up for renewal later this year as we're hoping to do a few months at a time on the continent next year once Joe retires.

Denise

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back