Caravan Club - the costly way to camp (1 Viewer)

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
We don't use the other C&CC sites in the New Forest as they have toilets which attract children.

That's posh!! Most forest sites I know of have toilets that attract flies!! Another thumbs up for a club site!! :giggler:

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Just booked 3 nights with CC at clumber park week after Easter - 3 adults 2 grandkids 1 motorhome = £140.00

why oh why is it so expensive to camp in UK ? or is it the Yorkshireman in me that's the problem.

cannot wait to get across the water and enjoy my motorhoming without being charged the earth.

Love taking the grandkids and would never not go BUT .............................
That is eye wateringley expensive, probably cheaper to take the car and stay in a premier inn.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
That is eye wateringley expensive, probably cheaper to take the car and stay in a premier inn.

I was surprised at how expensive Premier Inn can be if you don't book in advance. We had to stay at one recently in N.Wales £81 pn room only :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Roy andrews

Free Member
Mar 19, 2016
West sussex
Funster No
MH
Chasson allegro 97
Exp
Since 2008
Ouch !!! .not good for families,but Clumber park is one of the most popular sites ,so suppose the can get away with robbing families to camp . Roy
Hi 12 nights Pedro's Portugal free showers, loos, washing m/c great location 60euro all in around £48.00 much cheaper anywhere in Europe,many free Aires,Dover Calais return £90 why stay in uk

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Just spent two weeks trundling down through France, Spain and into Portugal.
Total cost of aires/night stops = €3.50.
None of the stops were chosen because they were free, every one because of view or location. Some were simply stunning!
Photographic evidence of that is on my blog, listed below.

Richard.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Just spent a wonderful half hour reading your blog and looking at the photos , what a stunning van and wonderful pictures ,after yours and your "twinnie" Robert Clarks' blogs Portugal in the Spring is a must!
Thank you!!(y)

trevtherev

Free Member
Apr 2, 2015
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Newie but caravaned 30 years
The caravan club is just a money making company and is rarely good value for money apart from some of the cl. network. I have been informed by several cl. site owners that the club advises them they are to cheap and to charge more per night. It makes the Club sites look what they are, very poor value for money.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
The caravan club is just a money making company and is rarely good value for money apart from some of the cl. network. I have been informed by several cl. site owners that the club advises them they are to cheap and to charge more per night. It makes the Club sites look what they are, very poor value for money.
Are we going round and round in this thread?:sneaky:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think it was earlier on in this saga (why am I still reading it?:)) I posted a link to a page which gave the details of how the CC is run. It is indeed a limited company but it is owned by its members of which there were approximately 360,000 in 2014. If you include spouses you can probably almost double that number.

The members vote for the executive committee which act like directors of the limited company. It pays no dividends to anyone so all money received is used for running sites etc.

I wouldn't use a CC site in the high season (but I have when we had young kids) but out of season and particularly midweek on some sites I think they are very good value given the standard of what they offer.

It isn't for everyone but it suits many.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back