drs

Free Member
Oct 13, 2007
Ware, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I had a similar problem I joined and after a year without using any of their facilities decided not to renue. I was a bit surprised when my new membership card arrived so phoned my credit card company and was told that they could not stop payment as I had taken out a subscription. The only way to stop further payments was to cancel my subscription.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gunerdoo

Free Member
Oct 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
ROMAHOME
Direct Debit

Surely if you cancel a Direct Debit that should be the end of the matter :thumb:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

You are correct you can cancel a Direct Debit BUT:-

I think you actually Take-out/Make the Direct Debit Agreement with the company you are purchasing the goods or services from and not with your Bank or Credit Card company,

Therefore if you want to cancel that agreement you must do it with the company you made it with, not with your Bank or Credit Card Company

Hope that makes sense,

Surely if you cancel a Direct Debit that should be the end of the matter :thumb:

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
I had a similar problem I joined and after a year without using any of their facilities decided not to renue. I was a bit surprised when my new membership card arrived so phoned my credit card company and was told that they could not stop payment as I had taken out a subscription. The only way to stop further payments was to cancel my subscription.

I had a similar problem....so what I did was report the credit card as lost, they send a new one so the continous payment didn't come out as it was on cancelled card details. If that makes sense.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back